Download Windows Vista pre-RC1

Chris

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

This page includes information to help you download the Windows Vista pre-RC1 ISO file. This pre-RC1 build is available for a limited time – we will close the program when we reach 100,000 downloads.

After downloading, please install and test the build as soon as possible. Most importantly, if there is a crash, hang, or error – please make sure that you send the information back to us using the built-in Windows Error Reporting technology (a dialog box will display automatically). Sending this information is essential to helping us improve the overall quality of Windows Vista – and collecting this information is the primary purpose of distributing this pre-RC1 release.

Once you complete the download you must burn the ISO file to a DVD. If you don’t know if your DVD-burning software will support burning an ISO file, please refer to your DVD-burning software program and search “Help” for instructions on creating a disc from an ISO file.

More | Here

I won't be bothering until, and if, I ever decide to have a new computer.

Got my new one last Thurs evening courtesy of the insurance company when a power surge blew mine up. :0

Then I can understand you trying out Vista, if the computer has been built with that O/S in mind. This is why I would not have considered trying out XP on my old machine. To me it was more sensible to wait until I had a new one.