Advanced Windows Care

andsome

Advanced WindowsCare v2 Professional provides an Always-On and Automated, All-In-One PC Care Service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups, and system clean. With "Install It and Forget It" feature, it works automatically and quietly in the background on your computer, constantly keeps your computer safe, error-free and running at top speed.

Compared with its nearest competitor, Advanced WindowsCare v2 Professional provides the more essential and practical formula for Windows. This amazing product only costs $29.95 per year for up to 3 PCs.

I personally cannot see much point - I already have effective anti virus, anti spyware, privacy protection, use CrapCleaner regularly and check my computer from time to time on PC Pit Stop.

Advanced WindowsCare v2 Professional provides an Always-On and Automated, All-In-One PC Care Service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups, and system clean. With "Install It and Forget It" feature, it works automatically and quietly in the background on your computer, constantly keeps your computer safe, error-free and running at top speed.

Compared with its nearest competitor, Advanced WindowsCare v2 Professional provides the more essential and practical formula for Windows. This amazing product only costs $29.95 per year for up to 3 PCs.

I personally cannot see much point - I already have effective anti virus, anti spyware, privacy protection, use CrapCleaner regularly and check my computer from time to time on PC Pit Stop.

I have installed the free version, so far so good. It appears to do what it says on the tin.

Fifteen minutes ago, a small window opened telling me that auto scan was about to run, unless cancelled in ten seconds. The scan found two minor registry entries and corrected them. It ran extremely fast, and was done in a minute or two. While it was running the processor usage was at 100%. I opened two other programs and these ran perfectly, so it would seem that it only runs at 100% if nothing else is running, and backs off for other programs to run. I am happy with it so far.

Not so happy here! I was excited to try it and it sounded very promising but in testing it out, no, I don't even want the free version. I can say it did a good job on creating a restore point before you go further into the program after installation. But its pretty much a pretty GUI shell thats no better than a common registry cleaner. Its startup inspector shows you the msconfig list and assigns ratings using the sysinfo.org database but it doesn't know what ctfmon.exe, ZA, or Spyware Doctor are including many others. It recognized 4 out of 13. When clicking on Details in the main windows to see a detailed hardware list the box that pops up saying "Detecting Hardware Information..." never goes away untill you exit the program completely (basically freezes there). It found or "recommended immunization" of a couple thousand spyware entries out of almost 30,000, almost all coolwebsearch, but some looked like they wern't spyware at all. So as far as I understand it the program doesn't even detect spyware it picks from its list of 30,000, of which allmost all are coolwebsearch, and makes it so they can't infect the computer if you choose. It won't let you see whats configured after you optimize or even open the dialog box to change settings specific to that optimization. The scanning in about 1-2min through the spyware, security, registry, optimization settings, startup files and temp folders is almost unbelievable, especially when its scanning all you see for the spyware scan is a constant coolwebsearch instead of your files passing across as their being scanned. Honestly all I think it doesn't is display and change a few registry settings and shows whats in your temp folders. Another thing is after you do whats recommended. You can keep clicking Apply settings and it does it everytime, over and over, it doesn't grey out the box to say it fixed this or that. Its froze 1 out of 2 times. For optimizations, there is all kinds of stuff that I don't even get why its there. Like to optimize your services it wants you to turn on a bunch of unneeded ones, like themes or netbios helper. I can't look through the list because after I said optimize it optimized every setting in all catagories and they all disappeared. I guess you can't undo them unless you restore. It also seems to only find minor registry problems.

I did only try it for a short time and it is a beta version, so if anyone else trys it post how you make out. I'm off to restore, my settings have all changed, the look of Windows has changed and I now get a popup before logon. I should say however that the memory defrag seemed to work freeing 18MB and the after optimizing all my internet settings it seems I may have gained acouple Kilobytes. This app may not be for everyone.

Auto scan has run again this morning. Everything with the computer is fine. It would be great if one of the experts would try this out, I feel sure that cozofdeath's experience with the program is unusual. Several in the 'Other Place' swear by it.

Yeah, I agree andsome. I'm a bit of a software junkie. I like to install a lot software just to play around with it, but usually quickly decide to keep it or get rid of it. I don't remember if I restarted after I installed it or not, maybe thats why it froze on me? But I remember when I uninstalled it, like some programs, it warned me it couldn't remove everything and the rest would have to be remove manually. It actually kept a executable running, I had to close explorer and delete it along with many directorys/files/reg keys. RKdetector also found a directory hidden from windows in my restore partition but I'm about positive it was just a false positive. All in all it had a nice look to it but I think it has more form than function.

• 1 year later...