Need an alternate e-mail provider

doug

I posted much earlier that I was going to move from PlusNet to TalkTalk. Well the saga has dragged on. after tremendous delays in getting BT to release the landline and eventually getting it freed (since April) the latest issue has been getting PlusNet to issue the MAC migration code. Finally got this and now TalkTalk say it's not usable. So I have asked PN to cancel the account and for TalkTalk (TT) to create a new one. As we are on holiday from 3rd to 25th Oct. I have now been informed that PN are ceasing the account on 25th Oct. Knowing my luck on this it could happen anytime. So to stay in touch with friends and family I'm looking for an alternate - free - facility.

I am really cheesed off with PN, at least with BT we had a reliable telephone even though they used every delay possible. With PN not only have they been causing problems the BB has been totally unpredictable since they went over to Tiscali to produce greater speeds several months back. I've totally lost count of the number of freezes I get requiring re-setting as well appallingly low speeds, barely dialup at times.

I would send the new adress to all who needs your new mailaccount.

this could be a good read:

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html

feel free to ask for more info

Hope you like it.

Edit: one advantage of gmail is you can set it up to be read online and to receive your mail using outlook, outlook express, thunderbird,...

So you can use your mail always, even if you are not at your home pc... all you need is a pc with internet connection.