Broadband Comparisons

AlanHo

Does your connection quality rely on the proximity of a telephone exchange? I have always wondered how sky BB worked.

Apparently it does. Sky have their own unbundled equipment in this Exchange and from a max of 8mps I get about 4.5.. Because I am a Sky TV user, it comes for £5 per month. A 2mps connection would come free.

Thos.

ps. Where have all the Smilies gone? Are they putting their Christmas hats on?

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1310 kbps (163.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 370 kbps (46.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

something not right here ....?

Download Speed: 1341 kbps (167.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 369 kbps (46.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Tankus, if your speed doesn't increase after either 3 days or the 10 day training period then I think you have a stuck BRAS profile.

See here http://www.dslzoneuk.net/adslmax_explained.php

NOTE: Some lines that have just been enabled for the ADSL Max service have what's known as a stuck BRAS profile. This is where the data rate is stuck at 2.0 Mbps no matter what. You can usually identify this by taking several speed tests over a few days. If they all come back at around 1.5 - 2.0 Mbps - then its possible your line has a stuck BRAS profile too. If after the first 10 days of your line being enabled for ADSL Max you are still not able to download at speeds above 2.0 Mbps, you will need to contact your ISP and ask them to reset your BRAS profile.

, if your speed doesn't increase after either 3 days or the 10 day training period then I think you have a stuck BRAS profile.

, you will need to contact your ISP and ask them to reset your BRAS profile.

Perhaps artist or nellie can help with the stuck BRA ?

Thos.

, if your speed doesn't increase after either 3 days or the 10 day training period then I think you have a stuck BRAS profile.

, you will need to contact your ISP and ask them to reset your BRAS profile.

Perhaps artist or nellie can help with the stuck BRA ?

Thos.

Don't get me all excited. 6.gif

Download Speed: 2282 kbps (285.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 370 kbps (46.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

download speeds gone up ,but only 2mb equiv ......... upload looks better

Your upload speed won't go any faster than that as you only get around 370 Kb off a 448 sync due to 'overheads'.

I would wait 10 days and then if you are still getting 2 Mb speeds then you need to contact your ISP and if they are competent they should sort it out for you.