Best cd/dvd labelling kit?

CJ550

A far more professional appearance is given by printing direct on to the CD/DVD.

You do, of course need to use printable disks but these are widely available in both white and silver printing surfaces and you need a printer which will print on to the disks. The Epson "R" series are designed for this - as well as being excellent photo printers. There are some others such as Canon who do them as well.

It is a bigger outlay of money doing this but the results are infinitely better than stuck on paper labels which can sometimes (it is said) adversely affect the disks.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I would have to admit i really don't rate these CD/DVD labelling kits at all. If you are sticking the labels on yourself then you have to be so precise when sticking it down or you really mess the disk up. Also they are known to make the disk skip which can scratch the disk. In my opinion you are better paying the money for a proper label writer, such as lightscribe? You will see so much difference in the quality of the CD/DVD labels.

Rather than printing the label directly on the CD, use a Jewel case designer kit. You can even buy jewel cases in bulk for mere pennies per case.

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=produc...talogcode=WEB01

But once the CD/DVD is out of the case, along with several others maybe, you would not be able to identify what was on the disk (unless you played it). :unsure:

• 4 months later...

Yeah -- what they've said. If you put a paper label on your disc you are asking for trouble. Even the applicators (I've used them in the past) don't get the label on exactly centered, although it may appear to be prefect. Once that cd starts to spinning the off-balance positioning of the paper spinning very rapidly can and almost certainly will wreak havoc on your optical drive.

It's like walking with your shoelaces untied; you may not trip today, tomorrow, or even by next year -- but you will trip.

Use a marker, lightscribe (cannot speak from personal appearance) or professional labelling.