The Countdown to Ad-Aware 2007

Chris

Ad-Aware 2007 is coming soon to a computer near you.

Lavasoft is currently putting the finishing touches on the release candidate with the help of our loyal VIP beta-testers. The developers have been hard at work for months on the latest version of the anti-spyware tool used by more than 200 million computer users around the world today.

"Thanks to the input from our users around the world, I am thrilled to bring a new Ad-Aware product to the market that is designed to meet the needs of today's computer user," says Lavasoft CEO Ann-Christine Ã…kerlund. "As soon as Ad-Aware 2007 hits the market, we will be turning our attention to the next generation of Lavasoft products."

Ad-Aware 2007 will be available in Free (formerly known as Personal), Plus and Pro versions. An updated version of Enterprise will be launched at a later date. Along with an updated product, we have given Ad-Aware's icon and retail box design a makeover; the new looks are familiar, but fresh.

More | Here

....Yay......1.06.....'as bin out a long tiiiiiime! :D

I'll give it a whirl when it comes. I uninstalled the old version a long time ago. Whenever anyone reported new definitions available I could never get them for at least a couple of days. The program would tell me that new definitions were available, and these would appear to download, but the program always told me that the old definitions were still applied. A personal manual download from the site would tell me in response to a right click that that days date applied, however, even if I uninstalled the old definitions before applying the new, the program would still say that the old definitions applied. Other people also had the same problem.

Didn't we think that the delay in you getting the updates was something to do with NTL?

I remember the first version of Ad-aware seemed to be neglected by its originators then a new version (the current one) was brought out and it became one of the best of its type. Perhaps the same will happen again.

One thing that was good about Ad-aware is its speed - far quicker than any of the others.

Didn't we think that the delay in you getting the updates was something to do with NTL?

I remember the first version of Ad-aware seemed to be neglected by its originators then a new version (the current one) was brought out and it became one of the best of its type. Perhaps the same will happen again.

One thing that was good about Ad-aware is its speed - far quicker than any of the others.

Several of those who had problems were with NTL. I don't know if they all were.

Andsome, uninstall your version completely. Including registry values.

Then reinstall a fresh copy.

I got rid of it a long time ago. Everything was tried with much assistance from this and other forums. As I said, it was a problem for some other users at that time, most of whom used NTL. I will try the new one when it is ready.

I got rid of it a long time ago. Everything was tried with much assistance from this and other forums. As I said, it was a problem for some other users at that time, most of whom used NTL.

I think it was an NTL cache issue on it's servers where old data is used for a few days before being flushed with new data which is then available to NTL subscribers?

I got rid of it a long time ago. Everything was tried with much assistance from this and other forums. As I said, it was a problem for some other users at that time, most of whom used NTL.

I think it was an NTL cache issue on it's servers where old data is used for a few days before being flushed with new data which is then available to NTL subscribers?

Something like that, but it only seemed to affect Adaware.

Something like that, but it only seemed to affect Adaware.

Strange that as if it was a cache problem, I would have thought that more than just Ad-aware was affected? :huh:

I was not the only one, as I said it affected others too. I am more than happy to see how things go with the new one when it comes out. I even tried deleting the old definitions by hand and dragging in the new ones, but they always showed up with the old date. Anyway, it is water under the bridge now.