How do I simulate a game of snakes and ladders on Excel?

Panarchy

:lol: ^ Nice try!

The thing that I saw was between andsome and another guy saying they would pop over for a cuppa after bowls or something like that.

Just to let you know, playing bowls is NOT a measure of a persons age. In one of my clubs we have several superb bowlers all under the age of twelve. One of them is eight years old, and he will almost certainly play for Staffordshire county when he is a few years older. I have played several young players, and was soundly beaten a few years ago by an eleven year old. It turned out that he was at that time, the Staffordshire junior county champion.

Why are you afraid to publish your age. I will be 71 in April, and see no shame in that at all.

Can't say I blame you. But I wouldn't say a majority of our members fit into any particular age group. We're pretty diverse, and take great pride in that. I, myself, am only 22 :)

That said, as for your snakes and ladders problem, you won't be able to record this in excel's macros menu, nor are you going to be able to write this with formulas. You'll need to code these macros yourself. I would start by designing a basic board. Decide whether you want your program to learn the board itself or use a set one. To let the program learn it, you'll need to write a mechanism to scan a certain range looking for marked cells. I would mark them with background color, or something similar. After that, you'll need to code a user interface (how are your user's going to play?), and a ruleset. This will be hardcoded, and is very easy to turn into VB from this. This should provide you a leg-up to do your own research and get this assignment done. I'm not going to write it for you, but if you have a specific question, post and we'll see how we can help.

It's not about shame it is about anonymity. There are pedo's all over the internet and on forums! I don't want to get caught up in that! :P

Don't worry, I promise not to touch. Hope you sought your game out, why not buy a board? :D

Did you not try the routines that I suggested. At least by presenting your flow diagrams, and conditional arguments would show that you have been putting some serious thought into understanding the complexity of the problem and have considered solutions. This would be infinitely preferable to just copying someone else's work.