Thunderbird problem

rong

Sometimes when I open thunderbird it will close down my computer, at first as I nearly always open TB on my keyboard I thought it was the keyboard but today it happened on the shortcut. It has only happened since the latest upgrade and is very random, it could be when I first switch on or after the computer has been on for some time also not every day. I have tried the help in thunderbird and it made on sense to my at all so no good sending me their, also Googled and found nothing. I've probably got a restore point but would need to have a date to restore to as I can't remember when it happened, also I would rather not go that way.

Did a compact but will not know if it will make any difference for at least a few days, it only took a fraction of a second so would not think it would be a problem. Thankyou for your help.

Try IE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does IE send your emails then? :unsure:

No, but Outlook Express does. I thought that Thunderbug was perhaps another browser, shows how much I know then doesn't it? I was trying to be a clever di ck and obviously failed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes when I open thunderbird it will close down my computer ...

Can you check the Event Viewer for the time when it happened last? That's a rather strong reaction, an application shutting down a computer! There should be some information on this in the EV.

Just happened again twice, could someone tell me which part of the event viewer I should be looking at. It's taken so long I thought it had sorted itself, or IMTNT idea had worked, I will see how long it is until it happens again before I try that again, but I have been running thunder bird for ages (not all on the present PC) and have never compacted my folders.