Macromedia Flash uninstall

Thos

On another thread there has been a discussion on Secunia. When I ran Secunia it said I needed an up-date to version 9.0.28.0 Macromedia Flash as it had detected two earlier versions which were unsafe. I downloaded and ran the special uninstaller and it got rid of the first of the versions but I cannot get rid of version 7.0.14.0 in order that I can load the latest version which Secunia says I need to be safe. Anyone any ideas?

Thos.

On another thread there has been a discussion on Secunia. When I ran Secunia it said I needed an up-date to version 9.0.28.0 Macromedia Flash as it had detected two earlier versions which were unsafe. I downloaded and ran the special uninstaller and it got rid of the first of the versions but I cannot get rid of version 7.0.14.0 in order that I can load the latest version which Secunia says I need to be safe. Anyone any ideas?
This is probably the one you have used, but I thought it worth a mention Macromedia uninstall

Did you try safe mode?

Yes, andsome but no joy.

Scarecrow Man. I ran the shockwave uninstaller, which uninstalled the "Shock wave" but Secunia still reports that I have Macromedia Flash Version 7.0.14.0 which is, they say "unsafe". The up-to date version, 9.0.28.0 will not install whilst the old one is there.

Irene. The short cut for the uninstaller sits on my desk top but does not appear in the program list in the control panel. How can I then uninstall the uninstaller as you suggest?

Incidentally no versions of Macromedia Flash appear in the list of programs either.

Thos

Irene. The short cut for the uninstaller sits on my desk top but does not appear in the program list in the control panel. How can I then uninstall the uninstaller as you suggest?

Incidentally no versions of Macromedia Flash appear in the list of programs either.

If you right-click the shortcut, touch properties, then look down to where it says 'Start In', does it tell you where it runs from?

If you right-click the shortcut, touch properties, then look down to where it says 'Start In', does it tell you where it runs from?

When I right-click the uninsaller short-cut, then properties, I get a tabbed box, General, Compatibility, Security and Details. I can find no "Start In " instruction in any of those tabs.

HOWEVER. Many thanks, casey, that was the way to go!

And thank you, Irene, and others. The change from XP2 to Vista throws up many of these niggling little things but I am getting there.

Thos. :flowers: