Self seeking political hypocritical cowards

andsome

Labour M.P's have proved themselves to be a bunch of self seeking hypocritical cowards after helping Brown to survive a motion of no confidence. They obviously have NO concern whatsoever for the damage done by him to peoples pension funds. It is true that by first removing the link between average wages and state pensions, the Tories set a precedent in raiding peoples pensions, something which Labour voted against at the time. Brown however did absolutely nothing to reverse this decision when he became chancellor, and on the contrary cost millions of people dearly by removing tax relief on pension fund earnings. Now the Labour M'P's have proved that they are only interested in their own political skins, and have no concern for the poorest in this society.

Story here.

Not wishing to be party political on this but, did you expect anything else?

Politicians of whatever shade are in it for what they can get out out it. Do you believe that they give a damn about anyone but themselves?

A pox on the lot of them.

Well as I read the story our little cherub says that the problem "hole" is nothing to do with Gordon's actions, but rather it is the fault of the population for living longer.

He seems to have ignored the fact that the actuaries, who were advising the pension funds, would, unlike himself (and probably GB), be fully aware of this trend, and they would have made provision for this.

No one has come on so far to defend the indefensible. Are we ALL agreed upon this one?

No. But I haven't the time or inclination to discuss this futilely because I could never change your mind or even get you to consider other points of view. We know how it all goes and life is too short.

Thos.

No one has come on so far to defend the indefensible. Are we ALL agreed upon this one?

No. But I haven't the time or inclination to discuss this futilely because I could never change your mind or even get you to consider other points of view. We know how it all goes and life is too short.

Thos.

Maybe it's possible then that on this occasion you do think that Brown was wrong?

Thos.

Maybe it's possible then that on this occasion you do think that Brown was wrong?

How on earth could you consider that to be my thought from my modest response? I have answered your points before on this subject. You don't agree with me and I certainly don't agree with you.

Thos.

The whole point is that all the papers relative to this issue have now been published. The evidence is that virtually all the advice to him was that this action would seriously affect peoples pensions, and that the legislation should NOT be enacted. He was just too big headed to heed this advice. It has recently been published that his pension fund will be in the region of £1,000,000. One law for this greedy devil, and another for all of us. You are lucky, in that your retirement came before he wrecked peoples pension hopes.

A gentleman called Idries Shah in the '60s reaquainted the western world with the wisdom of Mulla Nasrudin, a legendary Sufi teacher.

One of his stories becomes less and less comic and more and more factual with each passing day.

It was just before the elections. The town had invited all the candidates to address the citizens in the city hall.

Nasrudin was invited as an exotic local character, to entertain.

When all three candidates had spoken, the Mulla mounted the platform and said,

“I come here to offer you my own special recipe. Make a note of this and try it on yourselves.”

He went on to say that certain quantities of honey, garlic and fish were to be boiled together and then eaten.

Quite a number of people tried the recipe

The taste was quite horrible. Several of them stormed Nasrudin's house, wanting to know what he meant by such a trick.

“Well,” said Mulla Nasrudin,”I didn't say that I liked it,in fact I had not tried iton myself. But it seemed such a good idea to me, I wanted to see if it would work. That's what election candidates do, isn't it?”

The terrible thing is that each recipe has to be new, because all the old ones were abject failures and, further more, the population would not stand for them again.

And then again look at the limited ingredients available, and the limited experience and abilities of the recipe concoctors.