Acronis advice

I am about to rebuild my computer with an Intel board, ( I have always used AMD before).

What I want to know is when I have put it together with a fresh install of XP Home (Not Vista), how do I get all the programs that I have payed for from the Acronis image and on to the new install.

I am no expert but I recently upgraded from AMD to Intel duo core. I have used Acronis for a few years and was not able to load my new OS then import just the programmes. I had to load them all from original the CD, DVD or downloaded files. If I had imported my Acronis image - it would have overwritten the OS.

I was not able to see a way round it - mind you - with computers I have serious technical limitations.

You can browse an acronis image for individual files etc... but you won't be able to restore an individual installed program as far as I'm aware.

I know this is a little like shutting the door after the horse has bolted, but when I buy any software as a download I usually put a copy of the program in a backup folder along with a text file with the user name, password and any other relevant info for future reference.

Hi trackrat :)

Sorry its not possible to extract an installed program from the Acronis True Image Archive because the EXE has been installed with its Registry values to the OS that is part of the Archive, i use ATI 9 on my PCs and have tried reclaiming a program (cant be done :( )

There is one solution and thats install two HDDs "dual boot" have your Hdd 1 as Boot and second HDD loaded with the Acronis OS then your wife would be able to play the games. this means you would have XP twice but it will work as your boot OS will see the other XP :)