Just Had A Phone Call From PCA!

Craig

:unsure: Yes thats right, just had a call from Mr PCA!

PCA: Your subscription is about to expire, would you like to extend it?

Me: Yes

PCA: The best value for money would be 36 months at £49 (or something like that!).

Me: How about 12 issues?

PCA: £19.99

Me: I'll stick with that!

Any other time i may have taken out a 36 month subscription, but no one knows if they will still be around in 3 years time :unsure:

Is it usual practice that they ring people to extend subscriptions?

Craig.

nope,but theres rumours there in a bad way and so if they can get you to take 36 months instead of your normal 12 then the phone call would be worth it,I blame xp its too bloody good.

Thats what i thought when i had the call from them.

But at least if everyone takes the 12 months they will have the money for this year, then another 12 etc etc.

If we took the 36 they would probably spend the money in the first 12 and have nothing for the last 24.

Lets wait and see who else gets a call.

Craig.

I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a shop and buy PCA, thats why i subscribe.

I feel the same with Windows XP Mag, however if i were not able to susbscribe to either i would go to the shop and purchase Win XP Mag.

Craig.

Craig, I belive it is usual practise for them to call and offer the 3 year deal, they first offered me the 3yr deal about 4 years ago, at the time I took them up on it, but last year and this year (just renewed, only at £21.97 :( ) I decided just to go for the 12 month subscription, mainly because I can get the cdrom archive whereas you can only get it the once when you take out the 3 year subscription

Go buy the XP mag from your local newsagent, for someone like yourself Madboy (a newbie to XP) it will give you a lot of help, and show your tricks and tips.

Then if you like it, subscribe (if you subscribe you will save yourself a little bit of money, as XP is not the cheapest mag around!).

Craig.

I got the first 6 months or so of this magazine. I used to get it from ASDA until they started having the DVD only issue instead of the CD one. I bought the DVD version 2 months on the trot and both times the cover disc didn't load, so I took it back and got my money back. (after having a good read first) :rolleyes:

In my younger days I got a website review published in Internet Advisor.

Ok - no big deal !

but

They phoned me up on the day of printing and asked me to email them back a photo to accompany it.

Unfortunately I didn't have one of any sort, so I sent off an old black and white shot of Ricky Tomlinson that I found with Google (blurred a tiny bit using IrfanView) and they happily published it as me ! :rolleyes: