Windows Media Player...

Irene

System restore doesn't do it?

I was hoping that there would be a repair option but this seems not to be so.

Try this, Irene:

As always, make a backup before you do anything further.

Assuming you have WMP 11.

Go to Add/remove programs and delete WMP.

Re-install a new copy from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...p;qstechnology=

I tried WMP11 and it caused all sorts of problems, a system restore DID NOT restore to WMP10.

In the end I had to uninstall WMP11 from the Add & Remove programs and download WMP10 and everything is OK again.

Funny that. Eleven works fine for me. :D

I tried WMP11 and it caused all sorts of problems, a system restore DID NOT restore to WMP10.

In the end I had to uninstall WMP11 from the Add & Remove programs and download WMP10 and everything is OK again.

Funny that. Eleven works fine for me. :D

Fine for me too........

I've found a conflict on two machines between WMP 11 and Quicktime (and QT alternative) in that if I use either of those, when I come to use WMP again with video there is no picture, just a blue background (not a BSOD) and I have to reboot to get it going again. Fortunately, I avoid anything Quicktime if at all possible.

pops

At your suggestion I got rid of Quick time a long time ago. If something needs Quick time, I have found that the alternative as suggested by you is just fine, and WMP11 is fine afterwards. I must be lucky.