would vista have the same drivers for xp?

php111

hello,

I have a pre-installed Vista system and looking to put xp pro on my Vista system. If i put XP on a Vista system would it support my drivers? everything such as my ethernet card, integrated sound card, integrated video card and what ever else or when i get my copy of XP just download my drivers but i don't know what drivers i am looking for? Can someone please give advice?

Think about this very carefully before doing anything you might regret later.

You say this is a Vista machine. Why, then, do you want to install an obsolescent system (XP) on to it?

Are you intending to have both Vista and XP on the machine and dual boot? If you are you will most likely find that you will use only one O/S and the other will just be taking up disk space.

If you really do want to install XP then you will find that most/all drivers will be different for each of the operating systems. For fundamental motherboard drivers (sound card, Ethernet etc.), these may well be on the driver disk for the board but you can easily check that by exploring what is on the disk.

Think about this very carefully before doing anything you might regret later.

You say this is a Vista machine. Why, then, do you want to install an obsolescent system (XP) on to it?

Are you intending to have both Vista and XP on the machine and dual boot? If you are you will most likely find that you will use only one O/S and the other will just be taking up disk space.

If you really do want to install XP then you will find that most/all drivers will be different for each of the operating systems. For fundamental motherboard drivers (sound card, Ethernet etc.), these may well be on the driver disk for the board but you can easily check that by exploring what is on the disk.

It will be just XP and my system didn't come with a driver disk. So where can i start to get drivers? I am not sure when i am getting XP maybe in a week or 2. My family is sending it but to get ready i will need drivers. I hate Vista, it won't allow me to use any of the programs i like or it has a built in firewall which my mind is set. I am going to use XP. I have a Lenovo computer. I don't know what is inside of my tower. I am not going to open it, I rather look on my computer to review the hardware.

Ok. I didn't see an integrated sound card but i will need drivers. I am not sure for what exactly but i will name the hardware and the name i think i need. Here we go.

Video Card: nVidia Corp GeForce 6100

Monitor type: L192 wide - 19 inches

Network card: Broadcom Corp BCM5788 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Is there anything else and where can i find the above hardware drivers from?

As the graphics card and soundcard are integrated into the motherboard the drivers should available as a package for that motherboard.

The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6500, 6200, 6150* and 6100* GPUs feature a revolutionary design that delivers best-in-class performance on today's hottest games and applications. The only GPUs in their class to support Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, these GPUs power the latest effects without compromising performance. Further, these GPUs include NVIDIA® PureVideo™ to deliver crisp, vibrant video to the PC.

*Found only on NVIDIA Motherboard GPUs.

What is the motherboard name and reference?

As the graphics card and soundcard are integrated into the motherboard the drivers should available as a package for that motherboard.

The NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6500, 6200, 6150* and 6100* GPUs feature a revolutionary design that delivers best-in-class performance on today's hottest games and applications. The only GPUs in their class to support Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, these GPUs power the latest effects without compromising performance. Further, these GPUs include NVIDIA® PureVideo™ to deliver crisp, vibrant video to the PC.

*Found only on NVIDIA Motherboard GPUs.

What is the motherboard name and reference?

Looking at that program. I assume my mother board is listed as the mainboard? My mother board is Lenovo Lenovo. That what is has for the main board.

To find out the make of motherboard, dowload amd install this program then start it up, click on motherboard and motherboard again.

The first entry will be a motherboard ID, Example (Motherboard ID 05/23/2007-C51XEMCP55PXE-M2N32SLI-00), if you copy and paste the part after the date (C51XEMCP55PXE-M2N32SLI-00) into Google it should give you an answer as to what make your motherboard is.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Ever...load-16369.html

To find out the make of motherboard, dowload amd install this program then start it up, click on motherboard and motherboard again.

The first entry will be a motherboard ID, Example (Motherboard ID 05/23/2007-C51XEMCP55PXE-M2N32SLI-00), if you copy and paste the part after the date (C51XEMCP55PXE-M2N32SLI-00) into Google it should give you an answer as to what make your motherboard is.

Have you done what trackrat suggested ?

There is no motherboard ID. It says <DMI>