Vista

deuces wild

You bet! We leave for Charlotte, NC next Wednesday and then drive to Parris Island, SC Thursday morning. Family day starts at 1 pm with graduation ceremonies the following morning. We can't wait to see him. Unfortunately he has to fly back for infantry training on 11-20.

Our daughter graduates from college on December 9th. It will be some eventful and busy weeks ahead! :flowers:

I had a new desktop built in February loaded with Vista. It's wonderful and I am delighted with it.

Every time Microsoft bring out new software the prophets of doom come out of their comfort zone and start whinging. The people who condemn Vista today are the same people who tomorrow will enjoy Vista and will have forgotten their reluctance to change. It's no different to the same arguments made when changing from Windows 95 to 98 and then to XP all over again.

The main protagonists seem to be conservative and frugal home and small business users who cannot easily afford the hardware required and large commercial organisations where such a major change would eat into their mega profits.

Take no notice and enjoy it. :devil:

I had a new desktop built in February loaded with Vista. It's wonderful and I am delighted with it.

Every time Microsoft bring out new software the prophets of doom come out of their comfort zone and start whinging. The people who condemn Vista today are the same people who tomorrow will enjoy Vista and will have forgotten their reluctance to change. It's no different to the same arguments made when changing from Windows 95 to 98 and then to XP all over again.

The main protagonists seem to be conservative and frugal home and small business users who cannot easily afford the hardware required and large commercial organisations where such a major change would eat into their mega profits.

Take no notice and enjoy it. :devil:

Thanks! That was reassuring to read. :flowers:

I think its a waste on laptops, you install linux on the laptop instead would double the battery life!

When XP came out I said it was crap and continued to use 98, only when SP2 really came out I switched I still resent XP for many reasons.

Vista really haven't done much except add completely obsolete features and the aero design is complete waste, linux community's have made a similar thing to aero design which doesn't even use up much resources why can ms not do this?

One of my friends runs vista on desktop and laptop and he is having a hell of a lot of trouble with it.

Only when I think the OS is stable I will continue to run alternatives.

You bet! We leave for Charlotte, NC next Wednesday and then drive to Parris Island, SC Thursday morning. Family day starts at 1 pm with graduation ceremonies the following morning. We can't wait to see him. Unfortunately he has to fly back for infantry training on 11-20.

Our daughter graduates from college on December 9th. It will be some eventful and busy weeks ahead! :flowers:

If it was built for Vista, and it runs OK, I can see no problem. Problems seem to occur when people upgrade old computers to Vista. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :D

I've been running Vista on my desktop since it was released at the beginning of the year.

It depends on the specs of the machine as to how it will handle Vista.

I wouldn't advise running Vista on the minimum specs... but knowing you DW it will be a decent machine with decent specs!! Your son will love it and I'm so happy for you that he will be home again soon.

I've been running Vista on my desktop since it was released at the beginning of the year.

It depends on the specs of the machine as to how it will handle Vista.

I wouldn't advise running Vista on the minimum specs... but knowing you DW it will be a decent machine with decent specs!! Your son will love it and I'm so happy for you that he will be home again soon.

Thanks!

FYI: Machine Specs:

Inspiron 1521, AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 (2.0GHz/1MB)

2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm