Madness

Robbers Dog

This makes me absolutely furious.

These ludicrous concessions are only adding fuel to the racial fire.

When are we going to see sense - this is the UK and people should accept what is good for the majority - not pander to the cultural minority jsut because we worry about offending them. If they don't like conditions in an NHS hospital - let them pay to go to one that does offer such facilities.

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

This makes me absolutely furious.

These ludicrous concessions are only adding fuel to the racial fire.

When are we going to see sense - this is the UK and people should accept what is good for the majority - not pander to the cultural minority jsut because we worry about offending them. If they don't like conditions in an NHS hospital - let them pay to go to one that does offer such facilities.

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

If they don't enjoy living in a country which is a mix of Christians and atheists, why the b***** hell do they come here?

Sounds a little more reasonable....

Yesterday, a spokeswoman for Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust confirmed that nurses were encouraged to help meet individual requests.

She said: "Nurses have not been ordered to move beds or provide running water - they have just been encouraged to help meet patients' needs wherever possible.

"If a sick patient requests that their bed be moved to face Mecca, then it is right that the hospital looks at this request - even if it is more than once a day.

"If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients - then it is right that nurses try and carry it out.

"We can also try and move the patient to a bed that faces Mecca permanently."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1770&ct=5

The Daily mail could be a "little more reasonable" by making it very clear that the priority of the NHS is to provide a high standard of medical care - and not pander to peripheral and unimportant cultural niceties.

I lived in the Middle East for 15 years until quite recently and can tell you without fear of accurate contradiction that the majority of Muslims privately don't give a fig about praying 5 times a day facing Mecca. Most of those that do are only responding to peer pressure. This is especially true of the young - even more so if they are born into western society.

To compromise medical care for the majority by imposing time wasting antics on nurses to pander to muslims is a national disgrace and it makes me incandescent with rage.

I say again - if muslims want to be treated in hospital in this way they should be required to go privately to a hospital built in the appropriate orientation with respect to Mecca - preferably in hospitals funded by muslim society like those in Pakistan or wherever they originate from. This should not be a burden on the UK taxpayer.

I feel sorry for the younger members of UK society - they are allowing the PC brigade in their midst to generate such ill will between the various cultures that major racial problems are inevitable and they will be the victims of the consequences of such misplaced idealogy.... :censored:

I've just turned my radiator off Alan as the heat of your rage has just reached me :rolleyes:

I hope you'll be incandescent (lovely word) more often as it will save on my fuel bills. B)

I am normally able to shrug off the stupidities of the "modern" UK society and the antics of both politicians and the PC brigade - but more and more I find myself totally gobsmacked at the way things are developing to the point it really is getting under my skin and I am fast becoming a grumpy old man. Like andsome.

I am going to have to invest in air conditioning at home if things get any worse.

I was tempted to express my anger in verse - but was afraid people might then think I was treating it as a joke - which it plainly isn't.

If it's any consolation, I am of the same mind,

Cannot understand what is wrong with mankind

Things get more ridiculous with each passing day

And I can't express fully what I'd like to say

I'm grumpy alright and my blood pressure's high

The way we are heading's just pie in the sky. :(

If it's any consolation, I am of the same mind,

Cannot understand what is wrong with mankind

Things get more ridiculous with each passing day

And I can't express fully what I'd like to say

I'm grumpy alright and my blood pressure's high

The way we are heading's just pie in the sky. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

When it comes to some verse

I like what you do.............................................. :rolleyes:

The Daily mail could be a "little more reasonable" by making it very clear that the priority of the NHS is to provide a high standard of medical care - and not pander to peripheral and unimportant cultural niceties.

I lived in the Middle East for 15 years until quite recently and can tell you without fear of accurate contradiction that the majority of Muslims privately don't give a fig about praying 5 times a day facing Mecca. Most of those that do are only responding to peer pressure. This is especially true of the young - even more so if they are born into western society.

To compromise medical care for the majority by imposing time wasting antics on nurses to pander to muslims is a national disgrace and it makes me incandescent with rage.

I say again - if muslims want to be treated in hospital in this way they should be required to go privately to a hospital built in the appropriate orientation with respect to Mecca - preferably in hospitals funded by muslim society like those in Pakistan or wherever they originate from. This should not be a burden on the UK taxpayer.

I feel sorry for the younger members of UK society - they are allowing the PC brigade in their midst to generate such ill will between the various cultures that major racial problems are inevitable and they will be the victims of the consequences of such misplaced idealogy.... :censored:

The Mail was quoting an NHS spokesperson. Not giving their own opinion. The pertinent section you seem to have somehow missed is...

"If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients - then it is right that nurses try and carry it out.

"We can also try and move the patient to a bed that faces Mecca permanently."

Your statement about there being such a small minority of Muslims who actually "give a fig about praying 5 times a day facing Mecca" makes this even more of a non-issue. Mr or Mrs Muslim asks a nurse if it is possible to be allowed to face East for prayers. Nurse politely says 'sorry no, I don't have the time or resources' or 'of course, I have the time and resources'.

and not pander to peripheral and unimportant cultural niceties.

A highly subjective comment that perhaps highlights an unhealthy intolerance of the culture & faith of others.

Most of those that do are only responding to peer pressure.

Almost everyone is influenced by peer pressure in one form or other.

It would make me angry too if it were true. However, I don't see anything that shows such an imposition, only that consideration be given to such requests.

There are British citizens that follow the Muslim faith too. If all Citizens were to be deferred to 'wherever they originated from' we'd be in a right pickle.

I feel sorry for the younger members of UK society - they are allowing the PC brigade in their midst to generate such ill will between the various cultures that major racial problems are inevitable and they will be the victims of the consequences of such misplaced idealogy....

Why is it that anytime someone advocates showing a little respect or consideration to someone that isn't white, straight and of Anglo Saxon stock, that they are labelled as being a part of the PC brigade? The term is overly used by certain sections of our society and they are doing much to generate ill will between various cultures.

Why is it that anytime someone advocates showing a little respect or consideration to someone that isn't white, straight and of Anglo Saxon stock, that they are labelled as being a part of the PC brigade? The term is overly used by certain sections of our society and they are doing much to generate ill will between various cultures.

It is maybe because the only time that any one ever seek respect and consideration for anyone, is when it is the PC brigade (whoever they happen to be today) seeking it for someone that isn't white, straight and of Anglo Saxon stock. All the rest can rot in hell as far as the establishment, and it PC adjunct, is concerned (until another election crops up of course)

and they are doing much to generate ill will between various cultures.

I presume you mean those PC Quangos that are the backbone of the PC thought police.

I don't subscribe to the 'pc brigade' concept that is so readily chucked around by certain types. All I see are those that are willing to show consideration to others where possible and those that aren't. It seems that whenever such considerations are being given to people that are not white, straight Anglo Saxons, the somewhat peurile 'pc brigade' label is thrown up.

To argue that because consideration isn't given to one part of our society it shouldn't be given to another part is wrong. Perhaps you should campaign for more consideration to be given to those you feel are being short changed, rather than reducing it for those fortunate enough to be given it? Advocating that we are all dragged down to the lowest denominator isn't very smart imo.

I look upon "consideration", outside the legal contractual usage of the term, to be in most ways similar to the term "respect", and generally respect has to be earned and is in my book not the same as politeness.

I can be polite to all manner of people, including politicians, but as far as respecting them goes I personally need more than a dictat and coercion.

I find it a flawed and unrealistic notion that an ethnic, sexual or other grouping should be respected en mass, and also that an individual should expect respect just because he/she is part of that grouping. I suspect this is the way many people feel about being told who to "respect".

I suppose it is a bit like giving an MP the appellation of Right Honourable and hoping it "takes".

I suppose we differ in that I am willing to be respectful/polite/considerate to anyone until such time as they give me reason to not to be. I will not choose to disrespect, be impolite to or not have consideration for someone just because they happen to be of a faith, race or sexual orientation.

Your reference to dictats does not apply to the topic being discussed here and serves only to fog the facts to further a seperate agenda. The NHS staff have been asked to consider meeting requests made by people of a certain faith "If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients". Hardly an unreasonable request by any stretch of the imagination.

I suppose we differ in that I am willing to be respectful/polite/considerate to anyone until such time as they give me reason to not to be. I will not choose to disrespect, be impolite to or not have consideration for someone just because they happen to be of a faith, race or sexual orientation.

Your reference to dictats does not apply to the topic being discussed here and serves only to fog the facts to further a seperate agenda. The NHS staff have been asked to consider meeting requests made by people of a certain faith "If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients". Hardly an unreasonable request by any stretch of the imagination.

NHS resources and time are too stretched to pander to such a stupid request. We have enough problems with super bugs etc, to waste time dragging the furniture round several times a day. NO ONE from another country is forced to live here, if they are not happy living in a western society, they can alway go back to where they came from. Muslim countries do not put themselves out for westerners. I am not religious, but it gets under my skin, that a good many Muslim countries will not even allow a Christian to take a bible through customs in their suitcase. Can you imagine the furore if bunch of Christians wanted to erect a church in some Muslim countries, or a group of Jews wanted to erect a synagogue, or a group oh Hindus wanted to erect a temple? I am with Catgate and Alan 100% on this matter. Let them be happy that we are as tolerant as we are, and pay to go private if they want such privileges. :angry:

Since it was me who started this discourse - perhaps I should make it clear that I am not a white anglo saxon Christian. Like you sir T I am willing to be respectful/polite/considerate to anyone until such time as they give me reason not to be. I will not choose to disrespect, be impolite to or not have consideration for someone just because they happen to be of a faith, race, sexual orientation (perverts excepted) or belief.

I accept your point that this issue started off as "If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients". Hardly an unreasonable request by any stretch of the imagination. it has quickly become "Expected". However, I have a cousin who is a senior nurse at a major Yorkshire hospital who can vouch for how many problems it is already causing. There are many muslim nurses and medical staff in NHS hospitals who find it at best difficult, and at worst impossible, to refuse such requests from fellow muslims - irrespective whether it compromises their proper duties or not. This creates tension with other busy nursing staff who put service to all patients first - which is causing dissent. The local media and TV have picked up on this and we will soon see examples of the problems in our newspapers and on our TV screens - exaggerated no doubt - which will further inflame the issue.

To claim that there is no such thing as the "PC brigade" is a nonsense. Read almost any newspaper any day and you will see stories about how a liberal but vocal minority are unduly affecting our lives by pandering to petty, fringe and minority issues. Catgate, andsome and many others here have got it bang to right.

As I made clear - as a past resident of the Middle East - I am acutely aware of how muslims treat non-muslims on their own turf to protect their culture - something we would do well to emulate here.

I rest my case m'lud.

Since it was me who started this discourse - perhaps I should make it clear that I am not a white anglo saxon Christian. Like you sir T I am willing to be respectful/polite/considerate to anyone until such time as they give me reason not to be. I will not choose to disrespect, be impolite to or not have consideration for someone just because they happen to be of a faith, race, sexual orientation (perverts excepted) or belief.

I accept your point that this issue started off as "If it is practically possible - and is not inappropriate or inconvenient to nurses or other patients". Hardly an unreasonable request by any stretch of the imagination. it has quickly become "Expected". However, I have a cousin who is a senior nurse at a major Yorkshire hospital who can vouch for how many problems it is already causing. There are many muslim nurses and medical staff in NHS hospitals who find it at best difficult, and at worst impossible, to refuse such requests from fellow muslims - irrespective whether it comprimises their proper duties or not. This creates tension with other busy nursing staff who put service to all patients first - which is causing dissent. The local media and TV have picked up on this and we will soon see examples of the problems in our newspapers and on our TV screens - exaggerated no doubt - which will further inflame the issue.

To claim that there is no such thing as the "PC brigade" is a nonesense. Read almost any newspaper any day and you will see stories about how a liberal but vocal minority are unduly affecting our lives by pandering to petty, fringe and minority issues. Catgate, andsome and many othere here have got it bang to right.

As I made clear - as a past resident of the Middle East - I am acutely aware of how muslims treat non-muslims on their own turf to protect their culture - something we would do well to emulate here.

I rest my case m'lud.

Well said. All sound common sense.