Funny messages

andsome

The computer is now clear of bugs as far as all scan show. Today there is another of these messages, but NOT mentioning an obscure site. Can anyone throw any light on this please.
I have had the same on odd occasions.

I think it started happening after one of the IE7 Windows security updates. :unsure:

andsome, you appear to have WF forums in your trusted sites list, but not the home page, IE is warning you an untrusted (not in your trusted sites list) page is trying to open a trusted site.

Do you come to the forum via the front page www.windowsforum.org ?

I think you'll find it's one of the security settings in IE7 that's giving you these messages, but which I have no idea.

All I have in my trusted sites zone is M$ updates :devil: perhaps as a temporary measure remove the forums from your trusted sites zone, then try to recreate the situation again.

andsome, you appear to have WF forums in your trusted sites list, but not the home page, IE is warning you an untrusted (not in your trusted sites list) page is trying to open a trusted site.

Do you come to the forum via the front page www.windowsforum.org ?

I think you'll find it's one of the security settings in IE7 that's giving you these messages, but which I have no idea.

I connect via www.windowsforum.org , and also from e mail links sent from the site. Since the previous bugs this is the first message of its type that has flashed up. Funny that Irene should be getting it as well. I am puzzled as to why it either happens at all, or not at all times, I wonder why it is so random. I have the forum in trusted sites, and also set to allow cookies. :D

I edited my previous post after you began your reply , but

All I have in my trusted sites zone is M$ updates perhaps as a temporary measure remove the forums from your trusted sites zone, then try to recreate the situation again.

I appreciate your reply, but will be setting out a little later for a few days away, and know of no way to create the situation. I will remove the forum from trusted sites and see what happens when I get back. :D

I think mark2 is right. You need to put the WF home pageor the sign in page in the Trusted Sites list rather than the other page. IE7 detects a non-trusted site is trying to direct you to a trusted site and is just warning you in case it's a trusted site entered without your approval. If you put the sign up page in the trusted sites list, all subsequent pages should then be accessible without warnings.