They are on a totally different world.

Ms Harman told BBC Radio 4's Today programme she knew there were "discordant voices" among some Labour MPs - but added: "The overwhelming majority of people in the Labour Party - and I speak to constituency chairs up and down the country ... they are fully behind Gordon Brown."

Anyone speaking to furniture should be sectioned....not elected.

One of the main reasons for them losing Crewe and Nantwich was their choice of candidate. She was a very very poor choice to take the place of the very respected and well liked Gwyneth. Her campaign was pathetically negative and insulting to peoples intelligence. I am just so glad that the people of Crewe and Nantwich gave her the boot. :D

Ms Harman told BBC Radio 4's Today programme she knew there were "discordant voices" among some Labour MPs - but added: "The overwhelming majority of people in the Labour Party - and I speak to constituency chairs up and down the country ... they are fully behind Gordon Brown."

I also didn't get it at first, catgate, but it's the chairs that GB's behind sits upon that Ms Harman's talking about. Only those chairs know what a warm caring person he is. :D

I also didn't get it at first, catgate, but it's the chairs that GB's behind sits upon that Ms Harman's talking about. Only those chairs know what a warm caring person he is. :D

Thank goodness someone did.

I can only hope those poor chairs are thoroughly cleansed.

One of the main reasons for them losing Crewe and Nantwich was their choice of candidate.

I would say that the main reason why Labour lost the by-election is that they have recently shown themselves to be an incompetent government who will resort to a 'bribe' to win a by-election along with their 'toff' campaign which backfired and good job too!

Another factor is the rising stealth taxes which people can no longer afford to pay with the rising cost of living (and the 10p tax fiasco)

One of the main reasons for them losing Crewe and Nantwich was their choice of candidate.

I would say that the main reason why Labour lost the by-election is that they have recently shown themselves to be an incompetent government who will resort to a 'bribe' to win a by-election along with their 'toff' campaign which backfired and good job too!

Another factor is the rising stealth taxes which people can no longer afford to pay with the rising cost of living (and the 10p tax fiasco)

True of course, but they may well have just hung on had they not had such a thoroughly unlikeable candidate. She really showed herself up on the TV with Paxman and an audience. She was totally negative, and was only interested in her opponents upbringing. Her whole campaign had nothing at all to do with the issues. She had gangs of supporters following her Tory opponent round wearing top hats.

True of course, but they may well have just hung on had they not had such a thoroughly unlikeable candidate. She really showed herself up on the TV with Paxman and an audience. She was totally negative, and was only interested in her opponents upbringing. Her whole campaign had nothing at all to do with the issues. She had gangs of supporters following her Tory opponent round wearing top hats.

Yes I agree.

She made out herself to be 'struggling' where as in reality she is comfortably off.

Also the Tory candidate actually lived in the constituency as opposed to the Labour and Liberal Democrat candidates!

She made out herself to be 'struggling' ........

Which she is. As are the entire Labour party and the majority of politicians.

They are struggling to disguise their moral, intellectual and financial bankruptcy.

They are struggling to disguise their moral, intellectual and financial bankruptcy.

Yes :angry:

Article

Health minister Ann Keen insured her husband's life for £430,000 and paid the bill by claiming on her parliamentary expenses.

She didn't even need to do this because...

The claims were made despite both of them enjoying cover under their parliamentary pensions.

It is not surprising that they were none too keen on it all being revealed.

The proposed alternative of a monthly unquestioned and unrecorded hand out is just as odious. But the so are the recipients.