How can I recover a deleted file from my USB?

Panarchy

Hi

Just the other day, made a real idiot of myself my shift-deleting a folder that I had archived a second before. :Blond-Moment:

Then as it was deleting the files and folders I had selected, I opened the AES 256-bit encrypted JAR archive that I had created...

Unfortunately, it gave me an error "archive corrupted". :scared:

So, as you would, as quickly as my little mouse could, I pressed cancel.

Already too late, some of my data was deleted. Did I mention I help shift down before pressing delete?

Yeah, I know... :censored:

So can someone please recommend me a tool that can recover my lost files/folder?

From what I remember, it was a couple of .doc files... well those were the most important lost files anyway.

I've already tried TestDisk and BadCopy Pro.

Neither worked.

Tried some other as well, got one to recovery the folder (which had the first letter T missing and replaced with _) and files within. The files retained there names, however the content was all unreadable :uhm: :(

Please help me recover my files ASAP, as I need them by Monday!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Going back in time, to the days when the world ran only IBM desk tops and MSDOS, a certain Peter Norton had a wonderful utility that would do pretty much what you are now wanting to do. Sadly I can not remember the name of the programme ...we knew it as "Norton". (It formed the basis of Gates' piratical undelete). The files were deleted by simply wiping the first letter of the file name out of the FAT. Norton would bring up the FAT and you could then put the letter back.

Some of the old prog. sites may have it, but it operated in DOS.

I know one place that do pretty good products. I don't have the time to go through their site to look for you but this is their "Data Recovery items" page.

They may have a free-trial version of something you want then you can try that. They do pretty good products and I've tried them in the past and recommended them on, people recommend their stuff to me sometimes too, so they can be OK.

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/datarecovery/index.html