Testing?

artist

I was just over at the other place - there was a thread where it was suggested that someone try out SheildsUP services to test for 'holes'

So I had a go - irrisistable, that sort of thing - and tried it with AVG, ZA and Adaware on - then with them all off.

Results were exactly the same???

What is this telling me? - if anything?

Guest Nellie2

do you by any chance connect to the internet through a router???? If you do then your router most likely has a built in firewall which will protect you while you have the others turned off. Hence the same result whether your firewall was on or off.

Having said that.... don't rely on it though!!

Guest Nellie2

I was wondering whether to start a new thread or jump on this one.... seeing as it is relevant I thought I would add my tuppence worth here.

I came across this... all about different testing sites etc!!

tests

That is a really good link, Nell.

I just picked a random one - dslreports.com - did a quick scan.

Results showed a secure, healthy system.

I may try a different one, just to see......... But I feel quietly confident that I am protected just now.