Strange message

andsome

I have seen this message a couple of times. The first time I got worried and aborted the link - then tried again - and it was OK

The second time I clicked "Yes" with no ill effect.

The mystery message has not appeared again and I had forgotten all about it until you just reminded me.

This is a security feature of IE8 (I think) that used to be optional but now is standard. To stop it occuring every time you go to a trusted site from an ordinary site open Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced, then scroll down to the Security section. Uncheck the 2nd to last box called something like "warn if changing between secure and none-secure zone".

You might find then you sometimes get another message about the zone containing both secure and non-secure items.

This is a security feature of IE8 (I think) that used to be optional but now is standard. To stop it occuring every time you go to a trusted site from an ordinary site open Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced, then scroll down to the Security section. Uncheck the 2nd to last box called something like "warn if changing between secure and none-secure zone".

You might find then you sometimes get another message about the zone containing both secure and non-secure items.

That is actually already unchecked. I have discovered by trial and error that I have this site and one other in the TRUSTED ZONE. I have removed them and this no longer happens. I can't remember why I particularly put these sites into this zone. I will probably find out later and have to change back. Thanks folks for the help. :D