How Reliable Has Your PC Been

bludgard

Hi fellow PC enthusiasts.

I thought I'd poke around in your buisness to find out how Windows holds up to the ever incresing demand for reliability.

Mine has been being have since I got rid of all the bloatware that came with this lappy with a clean-install.Before that though... :cray:

Thanks.

The only problem that I get is one that seems to inflict a lot of people, and that is that Windows Live Mail occasionally greys out instead of starting up. I get a message that Windows Live Mail has stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. Google shows that an awful lot of people get this problem. It is however nothing that bothers me unduly. I have NO crap ware on the computer, I only ever have them built privately and alway have a full installation disc supplied. I only install what I want, not what some manufacturer wants to push onto me.B)

Do you want to know about the PC or the operating system or both together or what???

I appologize for being vague.

I was hoping to engage the members here-and others-to use a native tool to identify problematic software and/or applications on their machines so that steps could be made to improve performance/reliability. :D

Reliability Monitor:

Control Panel>System and Security>Action Center>Reliability Monitor

Problems are identified under the graph.

Cheers

Reliability Monitor:

Cheers

This must be in W7, the computer I'm on now is XP which I would recommend to anyone ;) will look on the laptop when I next use it :D

Reliability Monitor:

Cheers

This must be in W7, the computer I'm on now is XP which I would recommend to anyone ;) will look on the laptop when I next use it :D

I'm going to do the virtual PC thing with XP.I need to do a lot more research on it though.Never tried it so...wish me luck.

PEACE

I thought I'd poke around in your buisness to find out how Windows holds up to the ever incresing demand for reliability.

Mine has been being have since I got rid of all the bloatware that came with this lappy with a clean-install.Before that though... :cray:

Thanks.

You have got a serious problem with your spill chucker............. :lol:

I thought I'd poke around in your business to find out how Windows holds up to the ever increasing demand for reliability.

Thanks.

You have got a serious problem with your spill chucker............. :lol:

Can't have a problem with something I haven't got.I have loaded one in so as to make my posts more readable.I hope it works.lets see...

Well,I downloaded and I tried to check my spelling.Says it's not installed. :huh:

Won't do it again.However,I just right-clicked and spell check was there.It says your name is misspelled.As is mine. :0

Thanks.It's something I have to get used to.

Some of the forum members know about the Reliability monitor as I made a post about it in July.

/>http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=45579&st=0&p=312247&fromsearch=1entry312247

Sorry if I was unclear.

Maybe I should have created another poll for this.

My main intent was to query the reliability of others OSs.I surely didn't mean to rehash what has already been covered.I also didn't intend to waste anyones time.I just thought I'd fill some of the lulls with something constructive.

My bad.... :unsure:

Some of the forum members know about the Reliability monitor as I made a post about it in July.

/>http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=45579&st=0&p=312247&fromsearch=1entry312247

Sorry if I was unclear.

Maybe I should have created another poll for this.

My main intent was to query the reliability of others OSs.I surely didn't mean to rehash what has already been covered.I also didn't intend to waste anyones time.I just thought I'd fill some of the lulls with something constructive.

My bad.... :unsure:

No need to be sorry.

Only Windows 7 has that option, so apart from doing your poll there is not that much information can be given as there is no equivalent in Vista & XP.

OK,maybe I should have said,"Post a screen shot of your Reliability Monitor".

However,I guess I ass-u-me-d that everybody had W7.I don't know why.I reckon I just got caught up in the fervor of it all. :pardon:

I shall refrain from making similar assumptions in the future.

Thanks for all the attention,though.And for pointing out my errors with such diplomacy.(You could have just called me an ignorant rube). :rofl:

Well,that being cleared up,I'm off to create some of AlanHo's Famous Faggots! :rofl:

Cheerio old chaps.

:hi: