Free AntiVirus Software list

Oh well seems I'm not offended at all, If I was I'd have to be mad at myself as one of the links on my thread gets a WOT warning. But it's based on a single unattributed post with no comment or explanation and SiteSdviser who actually checked the download say it's OK. They're both useful tools but far from perfect.

Oh well seems I'm not offended at all, If I was I'd have to be mad at myself as one of the links on my thread gets a WOT warning. But it's based on a single unattributed post with no comment or explanation and SiteSdviser who actually checked the download say it's OK. They're both useful tools but far from perfect.

I was suspicious of it because it offered a free scan for a purchased program and then the WOT warning, I didn't check why though as the whole thing looked a tad ifee

• 2 weeks later...

New as of today the Agnitum Outpost 7 free security suite. See here for announcement.

Just built a new rig for a friend - I'll put this on there to see what it is like :)

Edit - it is 107MB - download is very slow (only 30k with Download Manager) so I may not get this installed tonight :(

Have you got a working link to the Free version then ?

The link from their web page is supposed to be this - http://updates.agnitum.com/free/OutpostSecuritySuiteInstall.exe

which I have downloaded twice now, each time getting the same file - size 109,836kb (in its Properties it is Outpost Security Suite 7.0.4 Setup Version 3416.520.1244.401)

I've got the same data you have, maybe it's like the old Kerio firewall giving you thirty days full then reverts to the feature limited freebie.

I think it somewhat unlikely, basically I'm guessing here and trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about. As I've mentioned in before my test machine is on dial up, so bare with me for a few aeons as I download a copy and I'll see what result I get.

I've got the same data you have, maybe it's like the old Kerio firewall giving you thirty days full then reverts to the feature limited freebie.

That is my theory too - it must become "cut-down" after the trial period.

If it just stops working, then Agnitum will have created a new definition of "FREE" :)

Time will tell ???

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually sorted it out :)

Here are correct working links to the Free Versions of Outpost Security 7.0 Suite Free

32bit Version - http://updates.agnitum.com/free/OutpostSecuritySuiteInstall.exe

64bit Version - http://updates.agnitum.com/free/OutpostSecuritySuiteInstall64.exe

Install says it is the Free version (and also gives you the option to install the non-basic Pro version).

After installing you get 2 days in which to register your free version - name and email address required.

License key is then emailed you, which gives you a 1 year license to use the product.

• 2 months later...

Eventually sorted it out :)

Here are correct working links to the Free Versions of Outpost Security 7.0 Suite Free

32bit Version - http://updates.agnitum.com/free/OutpostSecuritySuiteInstall.exe

64bit Version - http://updates.agnitum.com/free/OutpostSecuritySuiteInstall64.exe

Install says it is the Free version (and also gives you the option to install the non-basic Pro version).

After installing you get 2 days in which to register your free version - name and email address required.

License key is then emailed you, which gives you a 1 year license to use the product.

Yesterday.

There were 280 odd days of the original license left.

The program itself forced an update to a new version.

On re-booting - it said that the license had expired :0

I re-registered it with a fresh email address and got a new one year licence.

This activated OK with 365 days licence remaining - updated and everything fine, ran a scan OK.

Turned off the PC last night.

This morning on booting up - "Licence expired" again.

Had enough of beng messed about - uninstalled it, and put on MSE and PC Tools Firewall free

Happy again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks as if AntivirusDoctor has gone bottom up as well. Seems to me that the main problem with some of these smaller companies isn't so much the software as their lack of staying power, even Kingsoft who'd gone to all the trouble of getting their product tested suddenly just dumped it and went off in another direction.