How to improve the processing speed of my laptop

kaide

I bought my laptop for about 4 years, and never got a malfunction, but recently i found that it takes too long to boot the computer, and the processing speed was too slow, after nearly 30 minutes, it became normal.

I am wondering whether i need to take it to the repair shop to clean its interior parts? Any suggestions?

Just to add a little,you could also disable programs that are not critical from starting when windows boots.Type msconfig.exe in Run box.Enter.Under the Startup tab you will get an idea of what is slowing boot time.If you see anything there that you could start yourself by clicking a shortcut to the program,disable it.You can always reverse this if it causes an issue.

A good cleaning probably wouldn't hurt.Be mindful of static.:0

This thread wouldn't be complete without someone mentioning the PSU.

Hi kaide,and :welcomewf: (Although you have been with us since Jan 5th)

I would go along with what andsome has said.: Do a defrag, run malwarebytes, and in addtion run "chkdsk"

Fragmentation, Malware, and disk errors will slow your system right up.

If you are not quite sure about all of these terms, - Do a search on "Google" to - "Find out about these things".

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Bludgard Said: This thread wouldn't be complete without someone mentioning the PSU.

I'll just mention the PSU then ?

It's my turn ?

Kaide has a Laptop with a seperate Powersupply.

What do you suggest that the person does now ? You dumbass, knumbnuts !!! :fool::yahoo:

We have a lot of fun (Humor, Humour) on our forum.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Check for malware, defrag, run chkdsk.

Never click on "Sourcing Map" where they sell crap.

Report back to us with your findings.

Hope this is of some help, and that the answer was not overly aggressive or self opinionated. :P

John. :)

Kaide has a Laptop with a seperate Powersupply.

What do you suggest that the person does now ? You dumbass, knumbnuts !!! :fool::yahoo:

We have a lot of fun (Humor, Humour) on our forum.

So then I should assumes that the external power supply does not in fact have any effect on performance of a laptop?

I am working on a system whereby all power sources will originate from the mere presence of the operator.There will be no need for base contrivances such as "PSU","battery",external this and external that.A thing of the past I tell you.B)

So then I should assumes that the external power supply does not in fact have any effect on performance of a laptop?

That is correct. With the exception of when the mainspring starts to lose tension in it's mounting, and can fly back and slit your wrists. The resulting blood flowing will then affect the performance if left to drip into the inner workings of a laptop.

John. :flowers:

Perhaps if I construct some type of assembly to house all the potentially life threatening components.Something akin to poly carbon carbon that would absorb the massive shock effect.

I was peeking inside the little vent housing the onboard fan.It's hard to see but wit the aid of a flashlight I defiantly saw buildup of barnacles.I shall contact ACER and find out if I can scrape this parasite free or if I need a HAZMAT team over to collect it.I got a couple more years warranty and I dread hearing that they would have to clean it.I'll buck of course.I'm fixin' to add another stick of memory,so I'll be sure to swab up any residuals of bodily fluids.

Once I upgrade the RAM,I know how I'm gonna increase my CPU speed.:0

post-17666-0-49131800-1295671174_thumb.j

Johnclave Said: Same problem im facing i think its due to the unwanted exe files recently i was viewing a site acid reflux disease and it restarted

Nobody click on the link of the poster !

Obvious Spam. Could contain Virus or Malware. (Moderators remove link please.)

Nothing to do either with mounting a Cummins Diesel in a laptop. :P

Read my latest thesis "Spamming Disease and why it happens" :rolleyes: B)

John.

You cant - the speed is as it is BUT you can make it work faster using the same processor speed. How? When you reboot a laptop it reloads a lot of programs ( operating system, anti-virus, yahoo messenger, aol and hot hotmail messenger, etc, etc.) To make your laptop work faster try closing a lot of programs that you dont use which occupies RAM space and CPU time.

If you know how to configure your laptop - it will give you a list of programs ( a lot of them ) running in the background that you dont even know exist. Close those unnecessary ones and WATCH how your laptop performs.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I also have a problem regarding my speed. and not also the speed but also my laptop its easily heated. It so hot to touch in the left corner keyboard.

Sounds like ventalation issues. I believe the pocessor is in that area, no? Can it be checked for dust and whatnot in the side and bottom vents?

One could usually find a user/service manual by searching in a web browser. Just make sure the make/model/series is correct.

spam_1.jpg

Edit: The laptop should always have about 2 inches of airspace aroun it. Or sitting on a coolingpad if used on the lap or bed or in the pool. :rtfm:

• 2 months later...