Easy way to design a Transparent Page, Logo, Icon...

itsolexpert

You can use photoshop to create a page with a transparent background. You can also add layers and create transparent images or text on each layer.

When you merge the layers the effect is just fantastic as the transpart layers merge into a transparent whole. It is wise not to use transparent text for the file names - otherwise Windows Explorer will not see them without you wearing 3D glasses.

I have put some shortcuts on my desktop with transparent icons. It's great fun trying to find them.

I read an article on this stuff about a week or two back. Mainly dealing with transparent icons with the layered approach (it is not know by if there are other approaches). At the moment, my custom icons are created by IcoFX free version. Think the pro version should be taken for a test-drive.

Now, if I could just find the machine... :ranting:

Transparent icons in ICO format? Those are easily created converting PNG images over to that format. I use them for my application icons, but favicons also use a small ICO format. If you're looking for quality transparency PNG is the way to go, otherwise GIF if you're absolutely concerned about page load time as it's a small format file size. But quality with GIF's is not ideally there. If you want animated images though, then you're forced to the limit of using only GIF's though.

Hmm, I didn't see any information other than that "claim" he made, and I have seen in forums in the past where even without a question mark it's supposed to be a way of asking for help, so I posted my 2 cents lol :)

To me, that's just a title, no useful information at all. So even if it wasn't a question, maybe my post will help others identify further information about what this thread was supposed to contain, but seems to be lacking.

To me, that's just a title, no useful information at all. So even if it wasn't a question, maybe my post will help others identify further information about what this thread was supposed to contain, but seems to be lacking.

Thanks for the input. I'm quite sure it will be breaking news in most of the tabloids by Monday. Lol :)

I read an article on this stuff about a week or two back. Mainly dealing with transparent icons with the layered approach (it is not know by if there are other approaches). At the moment, my custom icons are created by IcoFX free version. Think the pro version should be taken for a test-drive.

Now, if I could just find the machine... :ranting:

Are you referring to transparent icons - or icons witha transparent background. I am sure you know there is a difference.

An icon with a transparent background will be the shape of its opaque image - but with its square backround transparent.

A transparent icon - which the original poster asked for - will be totally invisible on the desktop since it is transparent. This is useful if you have a good spatial memory and don't want colleagues to know which icons you are using on the desktop. Only you will know where they are.

If you import an image into Photoshop (some other editors may do the same) and use the Background Eraser Tool to remove the required area of background - it will replace the background you erase with transparency.

You cannot then save the image as a jpg because that does not support transparency - save as a GIF or png file.

I use IcoFX to create icons from images. If the imported images have a transparent background - IcoFX will preserve them.

You can also use IcoFX to create a transparent background around an image by selecting "Transparent" from the colour palette and using the brush to paint the area you want transparent.

I hope you are able to see this though (Or see through it) OK

Ah. I also use IcoFX. :)

I did not lnow to brush the transparancy in or that the option was available. Been using IcoFX for about three years. Go figure. I'll see my way through. Thanks for the information on Photoshop. I have been entertaing the idea but the install is large and my dl speed can bite it.

We will see what is what.... :drinks:

Edit:

Didn't have to set the mainsail after all. Had the tool in my toolroom (IcoFX). Brushing in the transparency is the ticket to true freedom.Wife's got a ton of custom icons. I'll show her and she can have at it. :huh:

+2

Ah. I also use IcoFX. :)

I did not lnow to brush the transparancy in or that the option was available. Been using IcoFX for about three years. Go figure. I'll see my way through. Thanks for the information on Photoshop. I have been entertaing the idea but the install is large and my dl speed can bite it.

We will see what is what.... :drinks:

Edit:

Didn't have to set the mainsail after all. Had the tool in my toolroom (IcoFX). Brushing in the transparency is the ticket to true freedom.Wife's got a ton of custom icons. I'll show her and she can have at it. :huh:

+2

I assume you will now earn a bunch of house points................ :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...