How to run the setup exe from my USB device?

the usb device is detected from my windows 7. but i am unable to view the files in the device. I should be able to run the setup exe from the device by autorun it. but the autorun option is not available.

i was told microsoft has disabled this option but i need to run the setup exe from the usb device. what should i do now?

thanks

Click to open your USB device in My Computer. Then double click it to show the files on the device. Then double click the Setup.exe file and it should start installing.

no...the problem is, when i double click the usb device icon from myComputer, it shows empty content...

i am very sure it should show some files in it (because when i tried it in another fresh new PC, the usb device can show some files in it)...

i suspect this is because i have previously installed and then uninstalled this usb device in my machine, so the next time when i tried to install it, it somehow has some USB information still not cleaned from my machine, and this causes the usb device not showing the files content...

A lot of damage can be done to USB devices by not using the correct method to disconnect them.

With any USB device that is capable of reading and/or writing it is essential to use the "Safely Remove" facility.

I suspect that you may have unplugged the device incorrectly.

A lot of damage can be done to USB devices by not using the correct method to disconnect them.

With any USB device that is capable of reading and/or writing it is essential to use the "Safely Remove" facility.

I suspect that you may have unplugged the device incorrectly.

even i restarted my PC, it still won't fix. what should i do now?