Calling UK users

Lamb Chop

My sister - senior but still working at age 80 this year has told me she has lost all her data because one of her daughters, without asking, kindly decided to do a security check or some such on her computer so snail mailed me for my email etc.

I cant make head nor tail of what she is saying even now back on line seems she hadnt been into PC world and bought a new security disc cost around 27 pounds sterling. And her last one was out of date?

She tends not to answer direct questions, I am used to that but am intrigued?

What and who sells a security disc for 3 months :excl:

I

Something odd there - perhaps because of her age they thought they could con her. Was the disk something like Norton - which is notorious for needing constant renewing.

I am a sometimes user of a wheelchair (depending on the state of my arthritis and such like). It is amazing how the attitude of people changes when I am in the chair. I get ignored (except if I'm in someone's way), insulted, treated like a halfwit, but possibly worst is the treatment I get in, let's say, large stores, where the "sales consultants" (HA!! - they're only recently out of nappies) try to con me into buying all sorts of completely useless tat.

Your sister may not be in a wheelchair but you only need grey hair and a few wrinkles (I have those as well) to get the treatment.

What and who sells a security disc for 3 months :excl:

Is the computer new ? many new PCs come with a rather crappy short term trial security package, sometimes 1 month somethimes 3.

I invariably kill them with PC decrappifier as in the past copies of Norton proved a pain to delete and generally not worth the bother.

PS: don't take it personally-pops- sales staff particularly at dare I say it PC world can frequently be heard talking complete and utter bollocks to all age groups. I find it useful to just quietly hover in the background till I hear one who can tell his arse from his elbow, I then talk to them, saves time and money. I also like talking to showroom staff in car dealerships, if I find I know more about the cars than they do and it happens depressingly frequently I move on.

Ok thanks for that Pops and also Belatucadrus - as far a I know it is an old computer with XP Home well 4 or so years old.

But she could have bought a new one very vague these days gets me going being a Virgo I like the T's crossed and the I's dotted.

Cant tell you the number of times have sent links to all security programs I use. She leads a busy life working and rushing around

to the movies and dinner out etc no time to stop and stare........ :lol:

Must be some sort of Norton's I have had it on 3 computers to date and on the recovery too on this one as a Dell - and always zap

it they even give you an uninstall tool as a b*gger to get rid off.

Pops I suffer from arthritis too. Blooming awful disease as it is - and wish they would spend the kind of money on it as they

spend on Aids. As far more people suffer but someone said - no way they wont as billions are made on the OTC meds for sufferers.

I myself rely on Sea Tone, Green lipped mussel extract fr New Zealand - available in UK - Google. Was supposed to be in a whell chair

by 48 and in my mid 70's and just abut walking most days - some worse than others being part of the bloody thing - moves about too.

osteo mine mostly via injuries sport and army have army pension because of most of them British Army of course. But like all have tried

new stuff - not as good and natural so no side effects although recommend 5 a day once stabilised I take 18-22 some days can over

dose on mussels. Used it since 1983 when reading Maori's never get rheumatism nor arthritis and eat these mussels as a staple.

BTW do need a walking stick - and suffered the 'grey' invisible - so dyed my hair and now I get lots of service and even some days in the supermarket here Thursday once a fortnight is pension day and I have had this hair colour for 10 years not grey since living in this village and up will come the girls who work there and say to me - hey what are you doing shopping today - its wrinkly day!

Try Schwartzkopf Live Colour rinse every 4 weeks here $3.65 for peace of mind and visibility.............ha ha Test it first and avoid Black.

It is about perception Pops and maddening to be on the receiving end so beat em at it and go with the flow brown like

my hubbie who got asked was his daughter was not coming - me - and he is younger by 6 years. Oops goodbye grey.

If I get the answer I will update - but reckon Bel is right Norton's!

Regarding Norton, I had nothing bur bother with it many years ago, and it is not allowed within shouting distance of my computer now. As regards the arthritis, 'Er indoors is a sufferer. We are lucky in having the NHS even with all its faults. She has had both hands operated on because they were both so twisted and gnarled, she had plastic knuckles inserted. I posted photos on here many moons ago. As a last resort she is now on HUMERA, I have to give her an injection every two weeks. It is absolutely brilliant, and has been a godsend. It does however cost the NHS £10,000 per annum.

Well good for her - never heard of that one here but then the docs are not brilliant these days and we have a language barrier.

Gnarled fingers says to me the nasty rheumatoid one - even better to think she has back the use of those.

Brave man, andsome, doing the injection bit - about the only thing that makes me squeamish needles cant look. :wacko:

I have not heard from Pat yet but still live in hope.

Well good for her - never heard of that one here but then the docs are not brilliant these days and we have a language barrier.

Gnarled fingers says to me the nasty rheumatoid one - even better to think she has back the use of those.

Brave man, andsome, doing the injection bit - about the only thing that makes me squeamish needles cant look. :wacko:

I have not heard from Pat yet but still live in hope.

It is not a normal needle. It is an injector pen. It is applied at right angles to the skin, and the red end is then compressed and the dose takes about ten seconds to empty into the flesh. I give the injection once every two weeks, alternating between right thigh and left, and right belly to one side of the belly button, and the left ditto.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsrcyclist/3183182228/