Anyone else had this problem?

andsome

Yesterday I was notified of two MS updates and a Flash Player update. This morning I had severe problems getting on line, although e mails came in with no bother, I did a system restore and everything was fine. I reinstalled the update for Windows defender and the Flash Player update and everything was still fine. This leaves the update for Realtek-PCIGB Family controller, which I have now hidden.

Has anyone else had a problem with this update?

A friend of mine down in North East England was having problems all day yesterday with the internet connection dropping then coming back in a few seconds later. This was happening all the time, not intermittently. He actually timed it on a stop watch and it was in and out about fifty times a minute. He is on cable but I don't know who his supplier is. He just switched off in the end and kept checking every hour. He was still having problems this morning.

Yesterday I was notified of two MS updates and a Flash Player update.

Flash Player did not silently update in the background? That is very strange. (Unless you specified to be notified.)

P.S. also what MS updates? I didn't get any Windows updates since Update Tuesday last week.

Yesterday I was notified of two MS updates and a Flash Player update.

Flash Player did not silently update in the background? That is very strange. (Unless you specified to be notified.)

P.S. also what MS updates? I didn't get any Windows updates since Update Tuesday last week.

Flash Player is set to ask first.

KB 2310138 (Dfeinition 1.135.1568) is the other which is now reinstalled and is fine.

A friend of mine down in North East England was having problems all day yesterday with the internet connection dropping then coming back in a few seconds later. This was happening all the time, not intermittently. He actually timed it on a stop watch and it was in and out about fifty times a minute. He is on cable but I don't know who his supplier is. He just switched off in the end and kept checking every hour. He was still having problems this morning.

Everything is fine now. Must have been a corrupted download.

Flash also seem to be pushing a Mcafee AV download at the moment, at least when it's set to advise on updates you get to know about it and get the option to opt out. Not sure about auto updates.

I am a firm believer in a program asking me first.