New Windows Forum Heading or Sub-Category

MANEMAN

Perhaps it would not be too difficult a task to present a sub-category, or even a full forum category dedicated solely to "New Members" ?

" New Members Questions and Responses to Posts" -

"New Members Posts" -

"What New Members Have To Say"

Are just a few headings that come to mind.

The posts would be given the same level of importance as any other post by also appearing in "Recent Topics" on the right hand side of the forum home page.

New members would only be able to post or respond in this area until a probationary period of 16 weeks had passed, (or at the discretion of moderators or Admin.)

I think that most will know why I am putting this idea forward.

A New Members Area would contain and redirect any "new member" Spam on a daily basis to one area making life easier for moderators. It would Curtail responses to posts that are way too old to have relevance. It would Curtail responses mid thread that are of no relevance, or specifically designed to be disruptive to the thread. It would also stop the poster who thinks that changing names 3 times a day and signing on as a new member, was good fun.

Whether disruptive "new member" posters were from an opposing forum, or someone with a personal axe to grind against an individual, or just the jolly old brain dead Troll, they would not be stopped from participating, or their comments being read. For just a short period of time their activity would be held in a different place. It is in no way unusual for organisations to suggest a probationary period.

Existing members who have already set themselves up with various pseudonyms would of course still present a problem, but a new members area would make a heck of a difference.

Old memberships rescinded if no posts received in the last "X" number of years ? (Discretion of Admin and Mods once again)

New Year arriving. Time to start thinking about sorting the Wheat from the Chaff maybe ?

When I said in the opening sentence: "Perhaps it would not be too difficult a task." I do in fact know that it is not a difficult task.

Any thoughts on this idea ? (especially from Admin and mods)

John.

Blimey ! I never expected such quick replies, let alone two in favour and one of those a moderator.

Keep on it with some action, and more views and we could have this done for the New Year.

It is only a bit of typing, ticking a few boxes, and we are there. :friends:

John.

• 2 weeks later...