Locations Set being Deleted in Windows 7

johnoo

In your browser (assuming FF or IE) look under Tools (gearwheel in IE), Options (Internet Options in IE), Privacy. In FF look at the setting for History and adjust as appropriate. In IE look at Settings and set the level as you want it to be - there is an explanation of what each level does as you slide the pointer.

In your browser (assuming FF or IE) look under Tools (gearwheel in IE), Options (Internet Options in IE), Privacy. In FF look at the setting for History and adjust as appropriate. In IE look at Settings and set the level as you want it to be - there is an explanation of what each level does as you slide the pointer.

I am using IE, the Privacy was set to Medium, I have now changed to low & will see what happens when I closedown.

Am a bit concerned about this as the default setting is medium but let's see

I am using IE, the Privacy was set to Medium, I have now changed to low & will see what happens when I closedown.

Am a bit concerned about this as the default setting is medium but let's see

All now seems to be OK, but am now concerned that I have lowered security status of the M/c, am I correct or worrying about nothing?

The same thing has occurred again.

On switch on this morning, with the "Privacy" set to low I have lost BBC & Google map settings for UK Post Code.

The slightly concerning aspect is that this did not occur the day before ie seems to be a bit random.

has anybody got advise to solve the problem?

Try: in IE, Internet Options -> General -< Browsing History and ensure the Delete box is not checked. You can also adjust within the Settings box.

In FF, Tools -> Options -> Privacy and ensure the History box is set to "Remember" or adjust to suit via the dropdown.

Try: in IE, Internet Options -> General -< Browsing History and ensure the Delete box is not checked. You can also adjust within the Settings box.

Am using IE & the delete box is not "Checked"

Interesting that when I came home today & turned on the problem had not occurred, this seems strange to me.

Any comments/advise?

Interesting that when I came home today & turned on the problem had not occurred, this seems strange to me.

Any comments/advise?

It's done it again tonight.

Logged out earlier this evening, then found I needed to do some work.

Logged in again & saved locations on BBC & Google map deleted.

Any ideas to try please?

Any comments/advise?

It's done it again tonight.

Logged out earlier this evening, then found I needed to do some work.

Logged in again & saved locations on BBC & Google map deleted.

Any ideas to try please?

Just to let Forum viewers now I am doing a small trial.

I am not running CCleaner for the next few nights. I will be checking daily to see if the saved locations are maintained.

If they are I will commence using CCleaner again & check what occurs.

By doing this I hope to find if the problem is being caused by CC or the Browser settings (IE10)

• 2 weeks later...

Trial completed, no lose of locations when I did not run CCleaner.

However as new version of Cc was available, version 4.05 I have installed it.

two nights ago ran CCleaner & shutdown

Started up next morning no problems - Great!

Last night ran CC, & shutdown.

This morning at start up locations set for Google Maps & BBC weather again have been deleted.

I'm lost, any help please?

Now getting desperate!

I'm now totally confused about this.

I've moved over to Ccleaner 4.05, which I believe does not delete “well used” cookies.

I have also checked the listing on Ccleaner of cookies not to be deleted & the items that I want to maintain are on this listing.

So tonight I ran CC & then closed down.

Later I restarted the computer to find again that the locations I wanted to keep on Google maps & BBC weather have been deleted.

Last week when I did not run CC the locations were not deleted.

But could it be something within IE 10 is causing the problem?

My problem is I do not know what to change in IE & also if it is IE that is causing the problem why did it not occur last week?

Tonight I am going to shutdown without running CC & see what happens on start up tomorrow.

But if viewers have any ideas to solve this problem please post

Reporting back

Last night I shutdown but did not run CC

Started up this morning to find that locations set had been maintained.

Hence I think it is a problem with CCleaner

I repeat that I am now using V 4.05 which stores much used cookies, but I have also checked the "keep list" & the BBC & Google cookies are in this.

So where do I go from here?

Decided to create a new post as I have moved to version 4.05 of CCleaner.

Yesterday I ran CCleaner, looked afterwards at 3 locations I had set, Zip/Post code for Google Map & BBC weather, & all were maintained.

I then shutdown computer & then started up again.

The locations set were still there

Saturday night

Ran CC & shutdown

Sunday morning

Started up computer, all locations had been deleted

Why? & why was it OK on the Saturday?

Decided to create a new post as I have moved to version 4.05 of CCleaner.

Yesterday I ran CCleaner, looked afterwards at 3 locations I had set, Zip/Post code for Google Map & BBC weather, & all were maintained.

I then shutdown computer & then started up again.

The locations set were still there

Saturday night

Ran CC & shutdown

Sunday morning

Started up computer, all locations had been deleted

Why? & why was it OK on the Saturday?

You ask "Were the cookies still there"

I can only requite my last post, which I think is clear that I did a shutdown during the day & the locations were maintained, but on doing a shutdown at the end of the day the next day the locations were not maintained.

Do you think this is something to do with IE "Browser History " settings?

Over the last few days I have been conducting tests in the hope of curing the problem of locations that I need to keep being deleted.

I have gone into Tools/Delete Browsing history & have unchecked one at a time :- Preserve Favourite website data/Temporary Internet file/Cookies.

I have then run Ccleaner, noting after each run that there were no “Cookies to Delete” & “Cookies to keep” were the ones I had set.

On the next start up after each trial the locations I wished to keep have been deleted.

As a last trial I ensured that all of the parameters in Tools/Delete Browsing history were checked

I then shut-down without running Ccleaner

On the next start up the locations I wished to keep have been maintained.

Has anybody any suggestions/advise on how to clear this problem?

Something I have just realised that may help somebody to give me an idea on how to clear this problem.

If I run CC & then look at the sites where I want locations to be maintained I find that they have been maintained.

Example my Post code for BBC weather is still set.

I then shutdown computer

On next start up the Post code has been deleted.

But, when I don't run CC before shutdown on start up the Post code is maintained

Just hope somebody can help solve

Just a thought, johnoo.

Oftentimes there are several cookies that need to be kept from websites to be remembered.

Example: For me, I have to keep the below cookies from this site to be remembered.

post-17666-0-99614300-1378766381_thumb.j

Clean all cookies and log in to only the target websites. Keep all cookies related to the domains.

As far as the "intelligent cookie keeper" that CCleaner offers; forget about it and get your hands dirty....

:drinks:

Bludgard/Irene & others watching,

Am trying to follow your advise, this is what I have done:-

1 Reset CC to clean out all Cookies

Ran CC

Checked that all locations had been deleted, & yes they had been

2 Reset BBC Location

In CC Moved over Cookies to Keep side

Ran CC

3 Checked that BBC location had been maintained, yes it had been

Reset Google Map location

In CC moved over Google Cookies to keep side

Ran CC

4 Checked that BBC & Google Map locations had been maintained & yes they had been

Reset Trip Advisor Password

In CC move over Trip Advisor Cookies to keep

Ran CC

Checked BBC/G Map/Trip Ad, all locations maintained

5 Ran CC

Shut-down computer

6 Start up

All locations deleted!!!

7 Clicked right on a “Keep Cookie”, selected “Intelligent scan”

Shut-down

8 Start up

All locations maintained

I will tonight do another CC run before shut-down & report back the status (let's hope for positive outcome)

Johnoo, if the problem persists, could you perhaps try removing CCleaner with Revo Uninstaller Free:

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html . Use the search for all other files etc towards the end of the process.

Then, download the latest version of CCleaner from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner using the link on the upper right corner in the link - version 4.05.4250

Next do all the things which you have done during your trials and wait and see. :wacko: