Microsoft update for 8.1 gave BSOD

I had a single Microsoft update yesterday, and after the instillation, Yesterday and today, I had a BSOD.

After looking in the event viewer and trying to access the memory dump, for which you need Microsoft developer tools, which are beyond my knowledge, I searched on Google for the error code which turned out to be the Logitech nano laser mouse.

On looking in device manager the Logitech drivers for the mouse had been replaced with Microsoft drivers and uninstalling these drivers and rebooting just put the Microsoft drivers back.

So of to the Logitech website to download the proper drivers, (which was a bugbear as I am down my holiday home with a crap WiFi connection).

New drivers now installed, after checking device manager again the Logitech entry is there so hopefully that should solve the problem.

The worst part was it was the wife's laptop and she expected it fixed in a couple of minutes, whereas with the download and install it took 45 minutes.

Never have these problems with my Linux box. :D

It's like the old days - remember when wise people would delay installing any updates from MS for a week or so to give them chance to correct the inevitable errors they had made in writing the update.

It's like the old days - remember when wise people would delay installing any updates from MS for a week or so to give them chance to correct the inevitable errors they had made in writing the update.

Old days ????? - I still do this today :D and never install any Windows updates until I've done a fresh disk image.