wifi does not have a valid ip configuration...please help..!!&

uddesh

hi guys,

I bought a Lenovo laptop 3 moths ago and it was connecting fine to my wifi network until the day before yesterday..

since then it connects to my wifi network but shows limited connectivity and invalid ip configuration..please help asap

things I tried were

-resetting the router

-changing ipv4 settings

-did a factory data reset...

the model of the laptop is g510 and it has a QUALCOMM Atheros chip

my ipconfig/all info is attached...

please help asap..it will be much apprieciated.

ip.rtf

It looks as though your subnet mask is incorrect along with the autoconfigured IPv4 address:

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.245.253(Preferred)   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

Typically, it's of the format "192.168.1.###" with the subnet mask being 255.255.255.0, and most home configurations do not have multiple subnets for obvious reasons. I would attempt to configure a static IP of perhaps something mid-range like "192.168.1.175" and set the subnet mask along with all other fields then try again to see if it's resolved.

That Autoconfiguration belongs to APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing)which used only if a DHCP server is not available, or if no static IP was configured. And 169.254.245.253 is a very strange private IP address.