Windows Ask Service - pay $80 1 month or $120 premium year

Lamb Chop

Background - I have had problems with upgrading old 32 bit XP computer to Win 7 and thought as posted before - too old and got a new 64 bit one with Win 7 Home Premium loaded by seller using my 64 bit disc that I had bought in Family pack.

It wasnt the best so in the end went back to seller and he sold me a new disc. Installed that myself, and then did a re-install a couple of months back due to problems.

Anyway couldn't get update to install 2nd OS this was Net frame latest patch, so went to M$/support and found Windows Ask, so asked! thought $80 and 1 month warranty on work was cheap as tech firms around locally that is within 50K's all ask around $200-300 up front and you have to take it to them etc. And I'm just abut housebound these days - so thought why not !

Anyway that was last Sunday and I am so impressed, they worked on it all Sunday from around midday to 9pm and then said - handing over to higher level, and is 2 pm next day OK. So Monday 2pm they rang and then connected in to mine and started re-checking - then after couple of hours, all of a sudden - upgrade started, they said too big a problem and reinstalling OS.

Finished it today after 2 hours mostly hundreds of updates but all fixed and running faster and seemingly stable. :dance:

So can say would do it again if in trouble enough needed outside help. And got a new system. Wow. :yahoo:

Can you please post a link to this "Windows Ask Service" ?

I can find nothing about this.

Here it is - I choose Tech Problems and from there got great service. And I always thought M$ was not doing enough and this must be their answer. :D

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus?&ln=en-us&ccsid=635471060997141547

I got another email but not appearing here saying that is could be a con fm Gandalph.

True there has been a con running and my ISP tech service warned me too when I had to get them to top up my allowance as first they took off all frame works then downloaded new one large 3.62Gigs which took me close to slow down so went after MS tech had said would continue tomorrow (Mon) not wanting to be down to 264kbps.

But seeing as had navigated through M$ website it is genuine and they again asked me to log in with my M$ live ID. And then they had my name etc.

Lastly, after having done 4 re-installs and 1 XP to Windows 7 since last November - I'd have good knowledge of what an Upgrade is and recognized it immediately.

Fair enough Lamb Chop.

It was the bit where they were asking for Money that I thought was a bit funny. The con over here in Britain at the moment is that you get a phone call to tell you that you have a virus on your machine, then they guide you to a website and ask you to download a small program then ask you for money for another program that will remove the Virus and stop it coming back.

When I got the telephone call I was very surprised to learn that I had a Virus on my Windows machine when in fact it is a Macintosh. :lol:

Sorry, I missed your Birthday the other day. I hope you had a great day.

Fair enough Lamb Chop.

It was the bit where they were asking for Money that I thought was a bit funny. The con over here in Britain at the moment is that you get a phone call to tell you that you have a virus on your machine, then they guide you to a website and ask you to download a small program then ask you for money for another program that will remove the Virus and stop it coming back.

When I got the telephone call I was very surprised to learn that I had a Virus on my Windows machine when in fact it is a Macintosh. :lol:

Sorry, I missed your Birthday the other day. I hope you had a great day.

A good day thanks. Both hubbie and I tend not to get too exited re birthdays seeing as we can count far too many behind than they say we have in front on average so verboten subject! Good meal out taxi home so we can both enjoy a good wine etc. :D