Microsoft Update .NET Framework 4.5.2

What is your Windows version? What .NET Framework versions do you have installed?

If you have version 4.5 or 4.5.1 installed, then I recommend that you install to 4.5.2.

You earlier asked "why not installed?". You should see the reason in your Windows Update history.

johnoo, I have also received the same 'important' notice in Windows Update. Even though I admit that I don't fully understand it's purpose, I intend to install it as soon as I finish this post.

I admire your caution, but I don't think think you have any problem on this occasion. :)

Irene/all, But what is it ? The information sheet is to me meaningless, & looking through my programs I do not have a .NET Framework, just hope somebody can tell us what it is.

Also if it's important why was it not automatically installed? Is it just for users who have a special application?

Yes, I did. It's quite a chunky installation, but I knew that it would be. It is best updated as a single item, not bunched with others - maybe that's why they offer it as a single important update on it's own. Once installed, I restarted. No problem whatsoever. :)

I can't see any program called .NET Framework

It's under "M" - Microsoft .NET Framework.

It's not actually a "program"; it's a run-time-environment (RTE), similar to Java RTE, to make applications written in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 run.

I have installed the 4.5.2 update several months ago, long before it was offered via Windows Update.

4.5.2 contains new features, and probably also some fixes; see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171868%28v=vs.110%29.aspx#v452