Black screen on Windows 7.

I wasn't sure where to post this. Yesterday I turned the computer on, got logged on and right after I got on facebook, the screen went black, then white, then black again.A multicolored box appears on the black screen that said "No Signal".After awhile I tried it again , everything worked ok.All I did while waiting was blow the desktop out with a shop vac. Then this morning, same thing happen after I was logged on. that time it went black and stayed black. No cursor. I had to push the on/off button to shut it down. Its odd, just once a day, 2 days in a row. Any ideas out there ? All help appreciated. I wanted to ask, because I dont want to screw anything up by not knowing what Im doing.

"No signal" message is probably from the screen having lost signal from your PC, now it could be a physical connection problem check video cable is secure and screwed in properly. This is the most likely and easiest to fix, other possibilities will depend on the hardware but try the connecting cable first.

I dont have a graphics card. The monitor card plugs into a blue square thing on the motherboard. It went black 2 times this morning. I powered off the unit., unplug the cord, then plug it in again. I dont understand it.Its working fine now. It happens just when I power it up in the morning .Maybe its like me, getting old.All suggestions welcome.

Possible loose connection somewhere that's " fixed " when the machine warms up and the contact points expand to firm up the connection. If so extremely difficult to find and a fix may not be possible. If you have an empty slot on the MOBO you could try fitting a graphics card in the hope you bypass the problem.

Very difficult to come up with appropriate solutions for hardware problems from a distance, very much in the If, But and Maybe realm of guess suggestions.

I did what Irene suggested yesterday. So far no more black screens. I bought the computer brand new in February 2009, and yesterday was the first time CHKDSK was ever done. This morning when I first turned it on and logged on, no black screen. So Im keeping my fingers crossed. Plus, I reversed the cord that connects the monitor to the back of the computer.

Here is answer by Google at SERP:

"Start the computer in safe mode and run System Restore

1. Click the Start button , click the arrow next to Shut Down, and then click Restart.

2. Do one of the following: ...

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

If this is not work, you can follow this link:

Here is answer by Google at SERP:

"Start the computer in safe mode and run System Restore

1. Click the Start button , click the arrow next to Shut Down, and then click Restart.

2. Do one of the following: ...

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

If this is not work, you can follow this link:

Fascinating - LoganeMilligan - I never knew that Philadelphia, PA had an Uttar Pradesh IP address :0