FORUM upgrade ISSUES?

Irene

I thought it might be useful to gather together the issues which are as a direct result of the recent upgrade.  This will then provide a central place for Craig to look at the problems which need to be addressed.

Just reply to this thread explaining as clearly as possible what your difficulty is.

• Irene pinned this topic

Images

I am not able to post an image using the "Insert Other Media" and the subsequent "Insert Image from URL" buttons.

The image appears in the post window but when I submit the reply it has turned into garbled text.

If I copy a jpg image from another source and paste it into the post window - the same thing happens - it appears in the window but turns into garbled text after I submit the post.

I have tried inserting images using BB code which fails. It could be done before the forum mods.

If I use the "Drag files here to attach or choose file" facility I can post a browsed image and it is retained.

However - I have not found a way of subsequently editing or deleting an image. It has been suggested that it is possible and that a small trash bin icon appears in the bottom right when you hover your mouse cursor there - in my case I can find no way of getting this icon to show - I have hovered and pressed just about every possible key and nowt happens.

All my images for posting on forums are stored on Photobucket. I have not been able to use any of the photobucket links to post them here - but it was fine before the forum was changed.

I am using Windows 10 and Firefox. I have tried using IE11 and EDGE but get the same results.

1.   The option to show that a post is edited does not work:  The 'check box' makes no difference. 

5655783b29421_variouserrorsandomissions.

2.   The formatting bar in the reply box is inadequate:  

• No Emoticons available in IE11 & Firefox on Windows 10, but are there in Apple product.
  • No choice of fonts.  NOW FIXED
  • Right / left pointing arrows which simulate tabulation.   NOW FIXED
  • The 'Undo' is absent.   NOW FIXED

3.   Various problems with inserting pictures.  Also, some member avatars have disappeared since the upgrade.

4.   No preview available before posting.

I am sure there are more, which I will add in due coourse.

5 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

Irene - I can post emoticons :uhm::kiss2:

Windows 10 + Firefox :pardon:

Windows 10 + IE11 :hi:

Windows 10 + EDGE :kiss2:

All using my Desktop computer

This is crazy!  It's incomprehensible!  

I tried a short while ago on my desktop with negative result.  At present I am on iPad and can.  :uhm:

Had problems getting in, but that was probably my fault as I had to re log in after the upgrade. :hi:Smilies appear to work on the Windows 7 computer, not tried on my I pad yet.

This is an attempt to edit this post from my I pad,having first made the post on my Windows 7 computer. Also trying a similie.  :hi:I am not entering anything in the reason to edit box.

• Upvote 1

Reputation Votes

On a whim I decided to give some posts a + reputation vote yesterday. 4 votes in all.

I tried to do the same today and the forum will not let me. I get a window open that tells me I am allowed to make a maximum of 10 reputation votes per day.

I know it's minor stuff in the big scheme of things - but if not corrected - andsome's negative score will languish at the bottom of the league table

I consider the feature to be a bit frivolous anyway - we would be better without it.

On 29 November 2015 at 10:20:59, Boris said:

Your reputation. Click on it to see your rating :)

It says that there is nothing there yet? I had a liquorice alsort showing today,when I clicked on it it said that I had been quoted.(so what). I don't see the point. The forum was OK before apart from being very slow at times. I hope that it is not going to get like the dreaded face ache website.

45 minutes ago, andsome said:

It says that there is nothing there yet? I had a liquorice alsort showing today,when I clicked on it it said that I had been quoted.(so what). I don't see the point. The forum was OK before apart from being very slow at times. I hope that it is not going to get like the dreaded face ache website.

I referred to the old thread because I thought it might explain where the 'rating' had come from.  Looks to me like history may simply have been carried forward into the upgrade. 

• Irene unpinned this topic
  • Irene pinned this topic