Laptop Connects to WiFi but Internet Not Available

mechanix19

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple years and it's driving me crazy. Everything in my house connects to my main wifi signal without issues. My laptop however connects to the signal but I cannot get internet or see any devices. I always have to be on my guest network with my laptop. I've tried resetting my router, updating the firmware in the router, renaming the main wifi signal, resetting my wireless network adapter on my laptop, updating the the network adapter firmware in my laptop, and reinstalling the network adapter. I have no idea what else to try but I'm fed up not being able to use my laptop to simply print to my wireless printer or setup various electronics with my laptop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Does the laptop connect to the internet OK by ethernet cable ?

Have you tried it with a USB wireless "dongle" after first disabling the built-in wi-fi aerial ?

Have you (by pure accident) blocked its MAC address in your router ?

Yes it connects fine with a cable, no I haven't tried a sub wireless dongle, and I'm not sure how to checking a MAC address is blocked in my router. If I connect to my main wifi, I try to login in to my router, I get the prompt for my username and password but then it says server not found after I put the login info in. I can login in to my router on any other device.

See my last post

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Have you tried deleting your existing network on the Wireless Networks list

See :- http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22153       (link is for Win 8, but same principles apply)

and then setting up a new one ?

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

Re the possible MAC address blocking - look at Page 52 of this - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3700V5/WNDR3700v5_UM_03Sept2015.pdf

My router doesn't show this option when I'm logged in, I have version 1 of this router and these instructions look like they apply to a newer version. I did look in the blocked services section of my router and nothing is listed.

Not sure if this will help, but I found it in a search:  HERE

More info in the link above.

open CMD with admin rights, type:

ipconfig /release;

ipconfig /renew;

I presume you will need to press 'enter' after each entry.