AVG Free "Scheduled Scan" not working

johnoo

I have AVG Free & the "Scheduled Scan" is set to operate daily at 12 noon.

Noted today, 29th November, that this has not taken place since 25th November.

The daily AVG Update is working & the AVG protection is working (I've just run the Eicar test scan).

Has anybody else noted this problem?

Not used AVG for years, but a bit of searching found this Click Here not hugely helpful as the suggestion from AVG is delete AVG with their removal tool then reinstall and start from scratch.

Which I think means that something has corrupted in the setup somewhere but finding what will be next to impossible, so start afresh. 

IMHO doing a "Scheduled Scan" daily is massive overkill ?  Once a fortnight/month should be fine - unless you frequent any "naughty" sites ........ where you can catch literally anything :rolleyes: Even then the Resident running A/V should pick it up quickly.

Out of interest, has AVG ever found anything of significance (I don't mean PUPs) with this daily scanning regime ?

1 hour ago, Boris said:

IMHO doing a "Scheduled Scan" daily is massive overkill ?  Once a fortnight/month should be fine - unless you frequent any "naughty" sites ........ where you can catch literally anything :rolleyes: Even then the Resident running A/V should pick it up quickly.

Out of interest, has AVG ever found anything of significance (I don't mean PUPs) with this daily scanning regime ?

Thanks to you both.

NO, I don't go to "naughty" sites, so i accept your rationale that a daily scan is over the top.

I've just run the "Scheduled Scan" manually & it worked OK so I will stick to doing that.

I've also reset the "Scheduled Scan" timing & again it failed to scan, just wish I knew why.

I've asked on the AVG forum but no reply!

Whilst I agree that this automatic daily "Scheduled Scan" may be over the top, I wanted to get the AVG product corrected.

So I went to Control Panel/Programs/AVG/Selected "Repair"

Process & restart took about 15 minutes.

I then reset the timing for the automatic scan --- & it functioned OK