"Edge" Disappears after Win 10 Version 1703 Installed

johnoo

Win 10 Version 1703 was installed yesterday.

Have now found that "Edge" Browser screen says on screen for few seconds then disappears.

Also all Favorites have been deleted.

I generally use Firefox as Browser but would like to keep "Edge" as standby

Is there a simple solution to get "Edge" to work?

Thanks, I've read it & it scared me stiff!

Thought there may have been a easier method.

My problem is, as stated already, I only keep "Edge" as a standby, mainly using F.Fox, but also have IE set up

NOTE:- Have now re read the end posts are interesting as it appears this problem has occurred over last few days on installation of "Creators" edition of Win 10.

I'll just see if a "patch" is issued

There have been 10 cumulative updates of Win 10 since the original 1703 Creators Edition was rolled out back in April.  

Latest version is  1703 (15063.540) - which I  believe they say fixes all the reported Edge bugs.

Not sure what version you currently have, but you can manually download the latest version from here :- http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4034674

to your desktop as a standalone installer, and run it from there (double click the .msu file)

either 
2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4034674)  if you have 32bit
or
2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674 if you have 64bit.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

There have been 10 cumulative updates of Win 10 since the original 1703 Creators Edition was rolled out back in April.  

Latest version is  1703 (15063.540) - which I  believe they say fixes all the reported Edge bugs.

Not sure what version you currently have, but you can manually download the latest version from here :- http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4034674

to your desktop as a standalone installer, and run it from there (double click the .msu file)

either 
2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4034674)  if you have 32bit
or
2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674 if you have 64bit.

THe version I have installed is the latest which is, as you say Version 1703 O/S Build 15063.540.

So it looks as if all the bugs have not been solved.