Easy Salmon Pasta Bake

Irene

Easy salmon pasta bake

image.png

If you prefer, use a chunky white fish instead of salmon for this comforting pasta bake recipe.

Ingredients

·         75g (3oz) butter

·         75 g (3oz) plain flour

·         900ml (1½ pint) milk

·         500 g pack spinach and ricotta tortellini

·         150 g (5oz) frozen peas

·         4tbsp freshly chopped chives

·         3 x 125 g (4oz) salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 2cm (¾in) pieces

·         50 g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated

Method

1.     Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6.  Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat and add the flour.  Cook, stirring, for 30sec then take off the heat and gradually stir in the milk.  Return pan to the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. 

2.   Add the tortellini and bubble for 1min.  Take pan off heat and fold through the peas, most of the chives, the salmon and plenty of seasoning.

3.   Empty mixture into an ovenproof serving dish and scatter over the cheese and remaining chives.  Cook in the oven for 20min or until bubbling and golden.  Serve with a crisp green salad.

It was very good. I did modify slightly in that, because of the cold weather, my chives are only just poking out of the ground so I used finely sliced spring onion and a chopped garlic clove. Also, I reduced the amount of sauce to 1 pint.