Microsoft Software at Discount Prices

AlanHo

Over the past few months I have purchased 3 copies of MS Office 2016 Professional Plus for £38.50 each. The first one for my computer - the others for family members who lean on me for computer advice.

I was a bit sceptical at first - you read so much about scams on the internet. But it was fine, and I obtained a genuine download complete with a proper product key which was activated by Microsoft when I installed it. The other two purchases went just as smoothly.

I obtained them from here (From where you can also obtain various versions of Windows - including Windows 10):-

https://uniq.software/en/office/office-for-pc/office-2016

Some companies are still running XP on stand-alone and networked terminals - as is the NHS who I read this week are poised to update to Windows 10 quite soon.

An architect friend who free-lances from home still runs XP because Win 10 will not run his version of AutoCad which is too expensive for him to upgrade.

I use LibreOffice rather than shelling out even a modest £38.50.

LibreOffice does everything I want in an office suite. It's regularly updated, compatible with the Microsoft offering and best of all, it's free of charge.

OK, there may be some things that LibreOffice won't do but those things aren't within my sphere of interest and are thus no loss.

4 hours ago, AlanHo said:

An architect friend who free-lances from home still runs XP because Win 10 will not run his version of AutoCad which is too expensive for him to upgrade.

I had to build a new XP machine for my friend Doug recently for exactly the same reason. 

He uses AutoCad and Caddie and the upgrade prices are ridiculous, so he runs the old versions which need XP.

His never goes on-line so once XP was installed and all patches loaded it can do its job happily.

All files are transferred via vaccinated USB drives.

6 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I obtained them from here (From where you can also obtain various versions of Windows - including Windows 10):-

https://uniq.software/en/office/office-for-pc/office-2016

Company Director is a Venezuelan gent LOPEZ HERNANDEZ, Fernando Ali  living in Equador 

Correspondence address Canton Nobol Y Manuel Arturo Cisneros, Casa Color Cafe Oscuro, Cuenca, Ecuador, EC010206

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11116488/officers

• 1 year later...