The late Keith

catgate

He had a son and a daughter (and a splendid wife of course). He also had a mother who was a prize too, One day we were walking up the road towards the little wooded area on the sea side of the road. In the centre of this wooded area was/is a cafe and there are a couple of paths  to it from the road. One of the paths is just a path way to the cafe, but the other path goes through an area of trees and has several bench type seats along its length and. It is very seldom used by anyone except Keith's mother.  

She used it frequently to feed the wild life that were there.

One morning we had set off to have a walk up on to the cliff tops and were walking up towards the cafe. We had not gone far when we caught up with Girly (as Keith and his wife called her). She told us that she was going to feed her little friends,and would we like to accompany her. She was always good company and ready for a laugh. so we needed no coaxing.

We had no enlightenment as to what her little friends were so we just walked along with her until we reached a seat in the wooded area. We had been sat on this bench/seat for a couple  minutes when a robin flew towards us and landed on the bench arm next to her. She had some food in her hand and she put some of it on to the bench arm

The robin immediately dropped on to the bench arm and started eating the bread. The bird had been eating for a couple of minutes at most when there were some rustling noises approaching from the grass. Ratty had arrived.

Ratty was of course a rat, but a rat with a mild friendly manner, who obviously was no stranger to Girlie's presence and presents. He too was hand fed.

It turned out that Girly fed Ratty and Robby Puffpuff almost every day, weather permitting.

Nice story catgate. It's a bit like the Wildlife around here. Some of the Bird's have put pounds on since I have moved here, especially the Wood Pigeons. We, like many others, have our regular visitors to the garden and we like to make sure there is plenty of food out for them, Nuts, Mealy Worms and so on especially in the Winter Month's when food is scarce for them.  

"One day many years ago whilst we were discussing motor cars etc. he "wondered" if I would part with my two seater in exchange for some of his motor cycles.  (Can a duck swim???)

We very quickly agreed I would give him the car in exchange for a mixture of about eight dead older British motor cycles. Norton, Triumph, AJS, Matchless, Some requiring tender total rebuilding and others just a little valeting others needing

He ran the little car for quite a good number of years with great pleasure. Then one year when we  arrived, there was no little car.

What had happened?.    He had taken it to the scrap yard!!!

Why?    Because the fuel tank had sprung a leak due to a stone hitting the tank

Could he not get a tank? No, Because they were now out of production.

I had made the tank, Why had he not found someone in I,O,M to do the same. The island is awash with small engineering  companys.

Oh dear.The car was in the rubbish dump for dead cars, with others on top.R I P

54 minutes ago, D4\/!d said:

Gorgeous one, we get our fat balls in Poundland Where do you get yer suet balls ....don't tell you make em

I have a look at what’s available on line. The birds prefer them to fat balls. I hope you don’t buy netted .ones