Superhero collation of dubious provenance

Belatucadrus

I'm at a distinct disadvantage here - having never seen any of those in any films or comics or on TV.

Although I might class myself as a geriatric teenager I somehow get the feeling I have managed to get through 81 years without ever being exposed to drugs (other than prescribed medicines) or the comic characters, and violence that pervades computerised games and spreads its tentacles into real life.

I have no doubt that the violence so prevalent in today's society has been spawned when kids from age 3 upwards are constantly bombarded by violence and unsocial behaviour in the media of all types.

The problem with the theory that TV violence begets real life violence falls down when you consider all the wars and horror committed before the birth of John Logie Baird. Also worth pondering the entertainment staple fed the youth of Hitlers Nazi regime, called Kirche und Kinder, it was a saccharine sweet portrayal of wholesome family life in a beautiful rural setting under a smiling Adolf Hitler, sort of little house on the prairie with swastikas.  If the theory holds up they should have been lovely people, unfortunately they didn't turn out so well.  

Now I'm not saying that excessive exposure to violent games can't help aggravate the less acceptable character traits of complete dingalings just pointing out that people like Dahmer, Shipman and West didn't require that particular stimulus to be what they became.

Where I will agree with you is the sanitised violence of stuff like Power rangers or the A team, this is violence without consequence. Suggesting that you can kick somebody in the head or blast away with a rifle and everybody will be OK at the end is to my mind dangerous.

PS, you should be OK with Shrek. Bit of an old style fairy tail with a bit of a morality tail added on to give it a twist.

PPS. He's the green one top right.

1 hour ago, Gandalph said:

If that is the 'Hulk" in the middle top row

No, it's Thing from the Fantastic Four, add to that Shrek a teenage mutant Ninja turtle, three Power Rangers of different types and Spidermans enemy Venom and what you end up with is a job lot of surplus knock off toys stuck in a box. None of which have ever encountered Superman as far as I'm aware, though admittedly my knowledge of these particular Comic characters is far from comprehensive.