House of Sergei starts new range of utility vehicles

Belatucadrus

12 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

Where's the engine, on the back seat?

As it's another Fiat 126 job, the answer to that is pretty much Yes. Add to that the fact it's clearly been shortened with the front doors cut down and welded shut, it also looks as if the front seats have gone and the driver now sits in the back. What I have yet to work out is how the hell you get into it !

It looks a bit of a mess but it's been logically thought out and probably works, not a bad retirement for a clapped out old Fiat.

It's probably a case of getting your arms and head through the opening first then get hold of the steering wheel and pulling your Torso through, then a bit squirming around till you get seated. Or, if the back Hatch is still operative, getting in that way. 

" Look's like it could be one of catgate's projects for clearing his drive in the Winter.

You may remember that when I asked the "Met,  Office2" which was the dryest place in the country I was told "Pocklinton area"......    So here we are. and have been for the past 18 years.  The man was "bang" on.  We are now in a smaller  village which seems to be full of people like us, and one or two farmers and one shop. Cars pass by almost one every quarter of an hour, (some times two in convoy). Being a village amid much more arable farming than animal farming, there is quite a flow of "exotic" machinary  and tractors.

I was rather sad at moving from the first bungalow because we had got things more or less to our liking. But then we realised that the "services" were far from 100% reliable in the area, and the locals had had come to accept as "the norm".  We were not, so we moved to "Seaton Ross". We bought an eight room bungalow with a garage and a tidy little garden. Management thought that a "nice summer house" would be nice, and fitting one on to the rear house wall she was proven to be correct, particularly when we put a door into it through the rear house wall. 

Back to "catgate's" drive. We have no gates. We had when we came, but the condition of them in places and the condition of the pillars and the potential cost of a complete packet, to a miser like me, was only cured by a new start on a less opulent manner.

So, I took off the gates and leaned them next to the house wall and then inspected the big. square. wooden. 19 mm square pillars.

Oh dear!. They were not totally rotten, nor nearing that condition, but were ready for some loving care and attention.

My first serious thought in the "What now." series was along the lines of :- "Gates that size, for a small bungalow, and small garden, of this size is ludicrous!" 

So I got out my petrol chain saw and started trying to find the remaining "sound" timber.  Fortunately I found a satisfactory level that was both acceptable and workable and so I cut the top of the timbers with a slight outwards slope and covered them with "flash" lead (or some of it may be "lead flash" (there was no label  *********.)