FireFox Vs Chrome Which do you prefer?

On 6/11/2022 at 8:27 AM, johnoo said:

I still prefer Firefox, but I find it takes a long time to start up on my machine, Ideas?

General advice is to prune extensions and themes that are no longer in use and to do periodic restarts of Firefox and the PC to clear the cache.

If you want to try an alternative how about Waterfox apparently a no frills Firefox offshoot for lower spec machines though I haven't tried it myself. 

Classic Waterfox is the "lower spec" version - for older machines.   

Download link https://cdn.waterfox.net/releases/win64/installer/Waterfox Classic 2021.10 Setup.exe

Current Waterfox is the up to date version which works best with websites and is for much newer systems.

It will import all of your Firefox settings and incorporate them, making it very familiar to use.

Note - The default search on Waterfox is monetised. i.e. if you search with it, Waterfox gets a share of the revenue - but you are under no obligation to use the default search.

As I haven't used AVG for years I can't give a definitive answer to that. All I can say is that AdGuard was a consistent part of my browser setup on both Chrome and Firefox even back when I was running trials on the Freebie AV packages and I've never encountered any compatibility issues with it on Windows XP, 8, Linux Mint or Chromebook.