Kazaa Lite shut down

Chris

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
one less P2P should reduce the workload

That's why I'm pleased it's on it's way out :D :D

But Kazaa-lite is just Kazaa without the spyware...this really won't curtail p2p activities!

Guest northamuk

Mark, it is a total waste of time helping most of the Kazaa users to get rid of the nasties because their next question is usually ' is there a better P2P proggie?' and if they ask the question on PCA they will get their like-minded pals jumping in with loads of suggestions.

Shirley_Crabtree

But Kazaa-lite is just Kazaa without the spyware...this really won't curtail p2p activities!

That is the real statement here when Napster went p2p didn't stop did it and K-lite was more underground than Kazaa, people will just move to kazaa.

northamuk

Mark, it is a total waste of time helping most of the Kazaa users to get rid of the nasties because their next question is usually ' is there a better P2P proggie?' and if they ask the question on PCA they will get their like-minded pals jumping in with loads of suggestions.

and so the circle goes on and the following question will be "how do I get rid of this virus"

The only way p2p will stop is when the recording/film industry starts coming down on ISP's to stop the traffic in these files.

Guest Grim Reaper
pity

It does matter to around 6m peeps on av ...northy .....

p2p past its peak ...methinks ....!

p2p is nowhere near its peak......more and more people will start moving over to bittorrent.......try stopping that one!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
Good Grief, I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight worrying about this lot.

Hmmm...I doubt you have a clue what you are being silly about...ask your grandkids!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

All I meant was that Andsome prolly hasn't got a clue about file-sharing in general...if he has grandkids ....they WILL know!!...Nuff said.

My point was THAT the fact that the Kazaa ppl have closed down K-Lite is pretty irrelevant...the Kazaa network will live on albeit with spyware etc.

K-lite was just a nice portal into Kazaa.It's not all about piracy y'know....it's about spreading THE WORD!

Cheers.