House of Commons Fax number: 020 7219 2879

Constituency Phone number: 0141 357 2073

Constituency Fax number: 0141 357 2073

George Galloway

8a Parkgrove Terrace

Glasgow G3 7ST

The libel case is on hold...

I found this quote, from last night

George Galloway MP It might be seized upon by the prime minister as something to laugh about, but I very much doubt if it will be the last laugh, because the truth is the country was taken into the war on the basis of a lie.

This will not stop the Iraqi resistance ... if anything, it may set the resistance free, if you like, from the cloud of Saddam Hussein, and transform it into a purely national resistance movement without the charge that it's being controlled from behind by the deposed president.

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel that perhaps (I say perhaps 'cos I ain't 100% sure what I think yet :blink: )it was a little 'off' and 'hypocritical' to show video footage of Saddam being checked over for headlice etc?

Don't we always start crying like bitches whenever an allied POW is put on TV? I know it is not as bad as the displaying of his dead kids, but even so.........

Guest northamuk

Unless this murderous tyrant was shown on TV, NONE of the Arabic media and NONE of the Iraqi people would have believed that he had been captured. The added humiliation is just poetic justice.

Technically its against the Geneva war convention , but then so is Guantanamo , and the legal framework for going into Iraq is a bit shaky , so what the hell ...!

I'm sure he worried about the legal consequences when he put his foot on the "Gas"

It did need to shown to the Arabic press

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel that perhaps (I say perhaps 'cos I ain't 100% sure what I think yet :blink: )it was a little 'off' and 'hypocritical' to show video footage of Saddam being checked over for headlice etc?

Don't we always start crying like bitches whenever an allied POW is put on TV? I know it is not as bad as the displaying of his dead kids, but even so.........

No doubt the lice hunting and dental examination would be passed off by the US military as "concern for Saddam's welfare", not humiliation that it clearly is to everyone else.

Several points have been missed here. He had to be seen on T.V., otherwise the majority of Iraqi's would not have believed that he had been captured. It did NO harm in my opinion to illustrate that despite his years of barbarity to others, he was given a medical check over by his captors. His mouth had to examined carefully to ensure that he had not hidden a cyanide capsule, although in the event he has turned out to be too much of a coward to commit suicide. It is beyond me how anyone can feel even the remotest compassion or sympathy for such a monster, and a few minutes on TV is NOTHING compared with what he meted out to hundreds of thousands of others. I still maintain that he HAS to be given a fair trial, despite all his sins, but compassion NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO. The Catholic Church has no right to feel compassion for anyone, when you consider the thousands that they have slaughtered in the name of Christianity. Over the years they have been as bad as Muslims for dishing out death and destruction. All man made religions are as bad as far as I can see.

Several points have been missed here.  He had to be seen on T.V., otherwise the majority of Iraqi's would not have believed that he had been captured.  It did NO harm in my opinion to illustrate that despite his years of barbarity to others, he was given a medical check over by his captors.  His mouth had to examined carefully to ensure that he had not hidden a cyanide capsule, although in the event he has turned out to be too much of a coward to commit suicide.  It is beyond me how anyone can feel even the remotest compassion or sympathy for such a monster, and a few minutes on TV is NOTHING compared with what he meted out to hundreds of thousands of others.  I still maintain that he HAS to be given a fair trial, despite all his sins, but compassion NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO.  The Catholic Church has no right to feel compassion for anyone, when you consider the thousands that they have slaughtered in the name of Christianity.  Over the years they have been as bad as Muslims for dishing out death and destruction.  All man made religions are as bad as far as I can see.

So you wouldn't have a problem if one of our boys/girls were captured and put on public display by the other side. Remember, we would be the evil enemy in their eyes.

Guest northamuk

Fireball, for crying out loud, they are constantly parading our soldiers and airmen on TV when they capture them - the DIFFERENCE is that they usually have been tortured or beaten up beforehand.