Lord Derrys Irvines Pay Rise!

Guest Damo

I see Lord Irvines given himself a £23,000 pound pay rise takin his annual salary to £200,000.

Should be able to get a few more rolls of £365 atime wallpaper, for his plush little london flat!........................His pay rise alone is more than the annual salary of a member of the armed forces just on their way to the Gulf!!

Its Disgusting!!!!!!!

Disgraceful!!! But that's today's politicians all over. On several occasions MPs have voted themselves large pay rises but then they criticise others for asking for an "above inflation" rise. MPs and particularly Government ministers also have lots of perks. And they milk it for all it's worth!

They are total hypocrites whose main aim is to look after themselves - and they do not give a toss about serving the public. :angry:

(I'm feeling a little calmer now).

Guest Nellie2

Now now........if you have to wear one of those silly wigs all day don't you think a person deserves some danger money.

she says tongue firmly in cheek as an under paid and over worked civil servant

Guest Timeforabeer

Of course this man deserves every penny of his salary...look at what he has to put up with!!!!

firstly....he has to suffer the indignity of a grace and favour flat in Westminster..i mean...thats really roughing it.

secondly... he has to put up with sarcastic comments from the "great unwashed" who have no appreciation of the size and difficulty of the task of selecting £350.00 rolls of wallpaper and the tedious task of selecting what fine brandy to have with his cordon bleu prepared meal.

Thirdly...he's a friend of "D*c*head" Blair, you couldn't pay me enough to admit to that......

Fourthly.... He's a judge........say no more....

So come on people...lets give him a bit more support.. ;)

• 2 months later...