Self Moving Pointer

ranger

any one ever had their pointer move all by itself in winxp Pro and what causes it?

My pointer Icon has started moving slowly and shakily to the left about 3-4cms and then the right and back again and continues to do this, I have run AVG anti virus and that dosen't come up with anything and I also have Zone Alarm Pro, so I don't think there is a security breach there, anyone have any knowledge on how to cure this?

Cheers Nel, I will look at these when I get the time (wife has talked me into replacing the ceramic tiles and fittings in the bathroom, so will be extremely busy over the next few weeks :( ) I did think it had corrected itself as it stopped moving by itself, but started PC to read my emails last night and it was on the move again

Do you have a graphics pad (Wacom or similar)?

If the stylus is kept too close to the pad it interferes with mice and pointers - and the other way round. I always turn the mouse on its back when I'm using the pad and keep the stylus well away from the pad when not in use.