Jerry Springer: The Opera

Just got in an since I can't stand football flicked it on and watched a few minutes. Had that "home movie" feel to it in the quality of the production and the content didn't seem much better. Needless to say didn't bother watching any more so didn't have time to be offended by it.

Spikey makes a valid point - Opera is always seen as something "good" but that is because most people don't know the language.

I don't believe those who have objected to this being shown are dicating what is shown on TV more expressing their view. Afterall isn't that democray is - the popular view?

The BBC's news ticker is scrolling past with the line "BBC brased for Springer Critiscism" They knew there were going to be people who were likely to be offended and still it went to air. Is that not just arrogence?

I watched it for about 40 minutes and if anyone watching this does not know what the springer show is about they would be left thinking that all americans are racist, sexually depraved, christian haters.

The language was no worse than you get in some of the films that are showing now.

I watched it for about 40 minutes and if anyone watching this does not know what the springer show is about they would be left thinking that all americans are racist, sexually depraved, christian haters.

The language was no worse than you get in some of the films that are showing now.

So that's where our despicable reputation comes from :)

I also watched a few minutes of this programme and found, like some others, that the whole production values were very poor, almost amateurish.

I have seen better performances (not of this, I might add) at my local am-dram society.

My feeling is that the whole setup - the theatre production and its television spring-off was a cashing in on the reputation of Springer with his spawning of the current deluge of trash television to titillate the prurient minds of increasing numbers of our population.

It doesn't matter to me whether the programme contained 8,000 swear words or only one - it was of very poor production value. Rubbish entertainment for rubbish brains, like so much that appears on the screens of that box in the corner of almost all of our living rooms nowadays.